House Rules violation fee

House Rules violation fee

I had a guest that had unauthorized guests stay at the house.  My House Rules stated immediate removal and non refundable.  Now she left the property after I asked her to leave however Airbnb would not allow me to collect on the full refund.  I submitted a resolution for a refund from the guest and she declined.  Then Airbnb stated I couldn't have a refund policy for guests that violated my House Rules...

Does anyone have a recommendation?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Vonetta2 Either its law or an Airbnb rule but charging for a guest once they have been removed is not allowed. Interestingly its the easiest way for a guest to circumvent a hosts cancellation policy!

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Vonetta2 

Did you get paid be Airbnb (usually approximately 24 hours after check-in)? Was the guest refunded by Airbnb when she left?

If you have the money and she did not get a refund, then this is already the result you wanted and there can be no further transactions.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Vonetta2, I hope everything is going well with you.

Our experienced host Shelley has asked an important question, do you know if the guest was refunded by Airbnb in the end?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad