How do you encourage guests to leave reviews?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

How do you encourage guests to leave reviews?

59824228_Kati_Darin_0744.jpg

📣 Calling all Hosts! 📣

We want to hear your secrets for encouraging guests to leave reviews after their Airbnb stay.

When reviews light up your profile, they become powerful testimonials and they play a crucial role in attracting potential guests, giving them a sneak peek into the guest experience and offering valuable insights into the quality of accommodation and Host hospitality.

So, how do you encourage your guests to leave reviews after their stay?

Share your fantastic tips, tricks and stories to inspire other Hosts. I bet you’ve all got some outstanding reviews that you could share with us too! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I've never encouraged guests to leave a review. The vast majority do @Rebecca 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great news @Helen3 😊 

-----

Gus2603
Level 2
Chicago, IL

"Hi (Guest's Name),

Thank you so much for staying with us! We hope you enjoyed your stay. If you enjoyed your stay we would love it if you could leave us a review as we're very new to Airbnb and every review counts. If there was something that we could have done better please let me know as well so that we can improve on it moving forward.

Cheers!"

I send that to every guest a few hours after they've checked out. It's worked very well for me.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's such a lovely message to receive too as you come across as a very attentive Host who's open to feedback! Thanks for sharing @Gus2603 😍 

-----

Rose422
Level 6
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Rebecca, great question!

I have been hosting for a little over 6 years and have never asked a guest for a review. What I do however is review them myself. The only time I have not reviewed a guest is when they truly disappointed me, then I write to airbnb that I want them to have another opportunity to make it right with another host. My stance on guest reviews is that I always look at the brighter side, i.e. what went right, and what I learned from a guest. Believe if or not, I have learned the biggest lessons from the guests that you may think deserve one star, but they still got five stars from me, because I made big changes following their stay. Needless to say, all my guests received 5 stars, I have never rated anyone less than 5, because I have always seen the good and that also made me earn five stars because people appreciate it. Today I cleaned up piles of sand from my boat that's a walking distance from the beach, but I messaged the guest thanking them for keeping the place clean because other than the great amount of sand on almost every surface, everything else was alright. I thought my bed quilts could have been stained, food remains could have been left, spilled red wine on carpets, but none of it was there, just sand, then I thought to myself, "my yacht is by the beach and it's spring break, what do you expect Lady?!"That made me look at the brighter side and rate the guest five star, as usual. What I do after the rating, if the guest had no reviews in the past, I personally message them thanking them for being wonderful guests, then I tell them that they have earned their first five stars with flying colors! It's that simple. Look at the brighter side. Hosting is a lot of hard work, but if one is not really enjoying all aspects of it, then they should consider another venture or adventure for that matter. 

Happy hosting everyone. 

Rose. 

Graceland Fort Lauderdale 

Writing from a Treehouse Boathouse!