How does everyone feel about third party bookings?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

How does everyone feel about third party bookings?

The latest Airbnb policy makes it per host discretion. In the past, I did not allow them and had two instances when guests showed up without the person who booked, I insisted on that person being there at least at check in, they have called airbnb and both times airbnb cancelled the reservation and gave them full refund even though the person booking had door codes and full access to the house so technically they were just a no show. I was left with nothing as it was too late to rebook another group. I am now reluctantly allowing it but insist on all communication still going through the platform. What is your experience?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Inna22 We are fine with it as long as people are up front with who is coming. For all those hosts who allow self check in I have never been able to see how they would know who actually turned up so I guess they allowed it by default.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Inna22 

Oh I haven't seen this policy change could you link to it please.

I rarely take third party bookings unless its from a guest with decent reviews who make it clear on the booking request its a third party booking or it's an Airbnb at Work booking.