How long did it take the city of LA to issue you your Extended Home Sharing Certificate /Permit?

David-And-Katie1
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How long did it take the city of LA to issue you your Extended Home Sharing Certificate /Permit?

We are superhosts who have been dealing with HSR number issues for over 9 months and have recently submitted all our paperwork to be granted a permit for Extended Sharing Permit. 

The City of LA has not given a timeline of how long it will take to process this and we are currently unable to book any new stays due to the fact that we have reached our 120 day limit.

we’ve lost SO MUCH MONEY over the last 9 months because of the tech problems on the Airbnb side and the lack of communication on the side of LA city regulations.

For those of you who have had success getting an Extended Home Sharing permit, how long did the process take you?

18 Replies 18

I'm in the same situation, no one picks up at the LA City Planning office!!!  I've emailed them and tried to leave voice mails but their inbox is full.  They also say because of Covid 19 I cannot come to their offices. It's maddening!!!

Danielle513
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I'm in a similar nightmare situation.  I've called Air Bnb every day and gotten no help.  The city of LA planning office does not answer calls or emails, and their voicemail is full.  I am in full compliance and have paid for my 60 day extension and have been APPROVED but my calendar is still blocked!  Any ideas?

Christine3443
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I live in Venice and I've been waiting over a month for my HSR# and I've even applied twice (and paid twice, ugh!) Air bnb knows nothing -they just say to get in touch with our local city planning department.

Has anyone had anyone had to wait a very long time? Air bnb makes it sounds like once you've applied, the number arrives instantaneously?

Would like to hear other peoples' experiences.

Thank you!

Melissa140
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Fellow Angeleno here! It has been almost 2 months since we've applied renewal for our permit with multiple emails and calls. Would love to hear how long it has taken folks to receive theirs. Our calendar is currently blocked... money left on the table for Airbnb, the city and ourselves. 😞