How much should I charge for request to stay 8 hrs past checkout, to use my space to work remotely.

How much should I charge for request to stay 8 hrs past checkout, to use my space to work remotely.

I have a guest asking to stay the entire day, until 6pm, to use the room for a work day. My regular check out time is 10am. What are your thoughts on how much I should charge?

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Stephanie3161 

You are doing very well according to your reviews so put your smart hat back om lol just a little tilted,.  OBviously you don't have another same day reservation conflicting.  This can still mess with your schedule, it would mine, so

I would consider how inconvenient it is?  How much income was the guest? What is the potential of future income?  My Check in time is 10 am, so obviously no same day turns around, a guest asked if he could check in at 3 am. reall\y just put food in the fridge before work.  He has been with me for 5 stays.He is planning 6 more. The fact that he puts groceries in the fridge though he offered to pay me is really no inconvenience, and he isn't likely to shop around.

Elena4354
Level 3
Porto, Portugal

Hi @Stephanie3161, if the check out date is available I usually charge 50% of my night's rate (especially if I have this night free between the reservations and if it is low season for example). 

I send to the guests additional payment request through the Resolution center (late check out payment). 

If the guests inform me in advance (before the reservation starts) and it is high season I can send them reservation alteration request and add one more night to the reservation (not to lose the money).

Best regards.

Elena