Owner/Host + Co-Host Guest Messaging

Michael6685
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Owner/Host + Co-Host Guest Messaging

Hi everyone, I'm currently an owner/host of my own airbnb property looking to get into STR property management or co-hosting as well. A neighbor who is getting into Airbnb asked me to co-host with him, if I'm designated as a Co-Host, are guest messages or inquiries for my own property (host) or neighbor's property (co-host) go into the same message box? Are there distinguishable markings to tell which property the message is for?

I'd also love to connect 1-on-1 with someone who is getting into co-hosting and management or is already doing it to understand how to price out fees as I'm a newbie. Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Most cohosts charge on a commission basis. It's up to you to decide what you want to charge and what services you include . @Michael6685 

you can see which listing the messages  are for which listing in your inbox.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michael6685, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center.

Helen has given some great advice. Have you had a chance to read it? I am also reaching out to our wonderful co-host @Joan2709  to see if she would like to share some further insights based on her experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Michael6685 

@Paula tagged me on your post. As @Helen3 mentioned, the Co-Host percentage depends on many factors and is based on what tasks you are assigned to do. If you handle only online functions (maintaining the listing info, calendar, pricing, guest communication), then the fee is usually 20%. If you perform in person duties at the listing like cleaning, maintenance, greeting guests etc. the percentage can be 40% or higher. Be sure to sign a contract that clearly outlines the responsibilities of Co-Host and Host and I would suggest a short 3-4 month contract initially. This gives you (and the Primary Host) the to option to opt out if things aren't working out. 

Co-Host and Host must be able to work together and be on the "same page" when it comes to the standards that will be set for the listing.