How to book a special/custom offer through airbnb?

How to book a special/custom offer through airbnb?

Suppose there is an apartment, however the guest does not like the conditions or the utilities provided. What if the guest agrees with the host that they book the apartment, provided that for this stay, the the host makes changes to the original offer, by extending the apartment with an additional room or making a shared facility/area exclusively private for the guest, for this booking only? What if the price is bargained?

3 Replies 3
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Tamas37 RUN in the opposite direction as fast as you can. This is already a PROBLEM guest and believe me, you don’t want the headache. 

EDIT

Hmmm. I just looked and don’t see a listing on your profile. 

No, I'm actually asking this from a guest perspective. In fact, i almost booked a   apartment, though I felt sorry because the price was high.  So I think it's a OK phenomenon on the market to bargain the price, or to ask for utilities such as a parking spot or garage etc. And I mean, if the host agrees and can organize it, why not? It's a win-win after all 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Tamas37  While I agree that you and the prospective host can communicate and possibly reach an understanding as to what additional services or amentities you require and they could provide, the purpose of the advertisement on AirBnB is to clearly define what the accommodation is, what amenities will be provided as a part of the expense and what services are available.  Guests who try to bargain for more or are wanting to reduce the price because the advertised accommodation does not have everything that they require are usually encouraged to look elsewhere as they are not a good fit for the rental and have the potential to be disappointed or leave a poor review.  Hosts wish to avoid this situation, which is why we provide only what is listed, perhaps with a few minor perks like breakfast makings or restaurant coupons.

I would suggest that you continue your search for an accommodation that meets your needs rather than negotiating with a host to add services and amenties.