Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

I have a negative payment on hold and another upcoming payment on Hold

Melany45
Level 1
New York, NY

I have a negative payment on hold and another upcoming payment on Hold

Does anyone know what I can do if I have a negative payment on hold and an upcoming payment on hold? This month, I'm not making any money because the upcoming payment is on hold. On top of that, I can't see the upcoming months; it shows as zero, even though the reservation is valid until December 1st. I have called multiple times, and every customer representative says something different. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know what else to do. The money that is on hold was requested through the resolution center as part of an extension of a reservation.

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Melany45, thank you for sharing this with our community.

Have there been any updates since your initial post? Has the guest responded to your request through the Resolution Center?

Please keep us updated!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Paula ,  I'm actually terrified that there is something going on and people are being scammed out of their money from airbnb.  Please let me know what can be done for all these hosts that are having delayed and missing payments! Myself included!! I'm just sick to my stomach and the feeling of being persecuted and ignored while being ruined and robbed by some stupid glitch or nonsense about a third party payment processor?! Like who cares how you try and get my money to me,  the point is we are all paying for platform of airbnb and they need to ensure our payments are made timely and every time because it's our rightful,  legal money?!

Hello @Paula , yes, Airbnb contacted the guest. They explained to her that the initial discount was applied to the entire reservation when she extended her stay, which caused the price per night to decrease from $41 to $16, and that she had to pay the price difference. I sent the guest a request through the resolution center, so now it’s between me and the guest. She didn’t have the funds, so I split the payment for her. The payment is supposed to come on October 3rd. Hopefully, the payment comes through. Thank you!