Insurance.

Answered!

Insurance.

Hello. 

I would like to put our cabin on air bnb. Due to a number of number of external issues we can’t get house insurance. Would air bnb liability and damage insure give us enough coverage to rent it out? Or does this insurance need our house insurance as the main policy to work for coverage? 

1 Best Answer

Thank you for your insight. I will definitely consider that. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Amber863 The problem is that unless a guest is at fault there is no way Airbnb will pay you. So if an electrical fait occurs or an issue arises a few days after a guest leaves you won't be insured.

Even if a guest has caused damage you will only be paid a depreciated amount to fix said damage.

Thank you for your insight. I will definitely consider that. 

Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Amber863 

In addition to what @Mike-And-Jane0 outlined, Business insurance includes liability which is quite important when the public is on your property. This is a business, and homeowners insurance doesn't ordinarily cover you for any risks. Definitely get with an agent and find out your options.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why won't they provide home insurance for STRs @Amber863 

most places are insurable even cabins 😁

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Amber863   Nope.  Talk to an independent insurance agent and have them research policies for you.

Unless you have an insurance policy that covers STRs and has your name and property address listed on it, you don't have coverage -- IMO, AirCover is not an insurance that you should rely on.