Just bought 2 bedroom Timeshare in Cabo from the villa group. How do I start rental process.

Answered!

Just bought 2 bedroom Timeshare in Cabo from the villa group. How do I start rental process.

How do I start renting.  

Top Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Robin1218  First review your timeshare contract.  You may not be able to rent independently. You may be able to rent only via the timeshare company, who will charge you for their services.

If you can rent independently, verify the local licensing and zoning requirements and limitations.  Talk to a tax professional about how to report your income.

Read everything that you can find on the AirBnB website on how to create a listing and begin the rental process.  This is not something to undertake without a great deal of research.  

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Robin1218  First review your timeshare contract.  You may not be able to rent independently. You may be able to rent only via the timeshare company, who will charge you for their services.

If you can rent independently, verify the local licensing and zoning requirements and limitations.  Talk to a tax professional about how to report your income.

Read everything that you can find on the AirBnB website on how to create a listing and begin the rental process.  This is not something to undertake without a great deal of research.  

I am allowed by my timeshare to  rent independently. I really need to know how to list it. I only have weeks at a time so I won’t be  able to show people what’s available on a calendar. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Pamela1459, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

To gain more visibility in our community, I recommend starting a new conversation to ask our experienced Hosts for advice on how to start listing on Airbnb. Please click here to start a new conversation.

I'm also sharing two articles that might provide some useful insights:

🌟Creating a listing

🌟Airbnb setup

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Since you’re only beginning, I would recommend you find someone to cohost your property with. I’m highly available, and I bought some courses and leaned a great deal about listing on Airbnb. Maybe we could talk about this, if it’s something you’re open to.