Laundry/ linen change out tips

Linda169
Level 1
Tonawanda, NY

Laundry/ linen change out tips

I’ve been a host for quite a few years and I am always looking for an easier, quicker way to do the linen/bedding changes between guests.  I offer king size beds in some rooms because that is what I prefer for comfort. Changing out all the king size linens is time-consuming. I need to find a simpler way to have all of that. replaced during one cleaning session. Although I have duplicates and triplicates of everything, I have a cleaning crew wash everything while they are doing the cleaning change out.   I am in a different state when our property is available for rent, so it’s not like I can do the laundry myself, or have dirty laundry sitting waiting for me. It needs to be completed during the change out.

Is it better to wrap the comforter in sheets, the way hotels do, and then just wash the cover sheets?  Duvets can be cumbersome and time-consuming to wash and dry.  I am in the process of purchasing a bigger washer, due to the fact that washing a king size duvet has pretty much ruined my washer.  
Does anybody have a recommendation on a king size duvet that is easy to wash and dry?

Also looking for a recommendation on a good washer for large loads.  

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Linda169 I am somewhat confused. A duvet doesn't need washing at every turnover just like the pillows don't. As long as the duvet has a cover that is washed you should be fine. Comforters between sheets do not necessarily stay between the sheets so is not hygienic.

Hi @Linda169 

Agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 , most Hosts I work with have covers for the duvets that are removed and easily washed and dried between guests. You can buy duvet covers on Amazon or Ikea that have zippers and are easy to put on & take off. There are also several YouTube videos on how to easily re-insert a duvet into a duvet cover (burrito method). 

Hosts that don't use duvets use a coverlet instead that is light-weight and easily washed and dried. Quilts and bedspreads tend to be too heavy and are hard to dry.