Locksmith

Answered!
David10532
Level 2
Whittier, CA

Locksmith

Hi, I am a licensed Locksmith in the Los Angeles area and I do a lot of airbnb lockouts and i charge cheap for my host's.

Question tho- there has seemed to be a debate about who foots the bill exactly and in the last customer I had was a guest who refused to pay and said it was the host's responsibility. This got me thinking..is there a clear path on who is to pay the bill?

I only charge $50 for lockouts for my airbnb clients, but I wanted to know if anyone here know directly.

Top Answer

thanks for this reply. This does sound logical, I appreciate it

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

It depends on who is at fault. Whoever calls you out should pay you. Moral of your story don't do any work without being paid up front @David10532 

thanks for your reply. This is indeed a great point!

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@David10532  Every host will have their own policy -- some will foot the bill for the lockout and others will charge the guest or require the guest to directly pay the locksmith.  

Perhaps it would be best for you to have a policy to always charge the host and have the host chase the errant guest for payment.  I am a host, and while it would tick me off to have to pay for guest stupidity and not be reimbursed, I would want to be assured of your continued service and would pay you for that service.

thanks for this reply. This does sound logical, I appreciate it

Hi David, how can I get in touch with you? Please email me at ** if you can. Thank you, Lando 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@David10532 I would ignore the fact these are Airbnbs. Whoever calls you out should pay the bill and then the guest/host can bicker as to who actually ends up refunding who.