Looking for ways to promote my vacation condo

Looking for ways to promote my vacation condo

I have a condo in Pigeon Forge, TN. I currently don't have a rating so not too many are looking at it. I have posted ads on Craigslist. I'm not getting many looks or interests. How can I get more interest?

18 Replies 18
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Glenn231 ,

Have you done the basics such as searching (as a guest)  for accommodation in your location and then comparing your rates etc. with other properties that come up. With no reviews you probably need to be 10% cheaper or 10% better than established properties to get bookings. Or is it 5%???

I am unclear who controls the listing but unless you have to go through a middleman I would always keep control of my own listing as there is no conflict of interest. Also as a new lister you will go up in the search algorithms

I am listed on HomeAway, VRBO, FlipKey, AirBnB and Evolve. I have been giving some discounts. The main thing I need right now is ways to find potential travelers to my area to visit my ads.

@Glenn1 ,

I wonder if you are on too many sites. By splitting the bookings across so many you may not appear high up in search results as the Airbnb algorithm for one seems to favour successful properties.

Also, our experience when we listed last June was that most bookings came at only a couple of weeks notice so maybe don't panic yet.

Finally is it high or low season where you are at present?

It's low right now but this is the time when most bookings are made. Maybe I need to drop flipkey and airbnb.