Lost Superhost Status

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Lost Superhost Status

Well, it has happened.  My property has been available for rent 365 days of the year, but I have had only 3 bookings this YEAR from AirBnB, so I have been denied my Superhost status.

I find this to be ridiculous.  History:  

2020 - 25 out of 54 rentals via AirBnB. 

2021 - 35 out of 60 rentals via AirBnB

2022 - 23 out of 57 rentals via AirBnB

2023 - 11 out of 55 rentals via AirBnB

2024 - 3 out of 20 rentals (to date) via AirBnB

My pricing has remained steady - no deep discounts, no steep upcharges.  My amenities have actually improved.  I have no issues attracting guests on other platforms.  I have good traffic on all other platforms.  

So what has AirBnB done to my listing?  

1 Reply 1
Frederick153
Level 3
Santa Monica, CA

Hi @Lorna170 ,

I can understand how losing Superhost status, especially with a history of solid performance, can be incredibly frustrating. It’s clear you’ve put in a lot of effort and have seen consistent bookings on other platforms, so this situation must be perplexing.

Here are a few potential factors and steps to consider:

1. Review Your Metrics: Double-check your Superhost criteria. Airbnb evaluates Superhost status based on several factors including response rate, cancellation rate, overall rating, and the number of stays. Ensure there haven’t been any recent changes in your metrics or policies that might affect your status.

2. Platform Visibility: It’s possible that changes to Airbnb’s search algorithm or listing visibility could be impacting your bookings. Verify if there have been any recent changes to how listings are displayed or ranked. Sometimes adjustments in the platform’s algorithm can affect visibility and booking rates.

3. Listing Updates: Review your listing for any areas that might need updating. This includes checking your photos, description, and amenities to ensure they are accurate and engaging. Even small changes can sometimes make a difference in attracting more bookings.

4. Engage with Airbnb Support: Reach out to Airbnb support to discuss your concerns. Provide them with a clear history of your bookings and performance metrics. They might be able to offer insights into why your Superhost status was impacted and if there are steps you can take to regain it.

5. Consider Seasonal Trends: Analyze whether seasonal trends or local events might be affecting your booking rates. Sometimes external factors like changes in travel behavior or local tourism trends can impact bookings.

6. Diversify Marketing: Since you’re doing well on other platforms, consider leveraging that success to drive more traffic to your Airbnb listing. You could also promote your listing through social media or local partnerships to increase visibility.

7. Optimize Pricing Strategy: Although your pricing has been steady, experimenting with minor adjustments or promotions might help attract more guests. Consider offering limited-time discounts or special offers to boost bookings.

8. Check for Technical Issues: Ensure there are no technical issues with your listing that might be preventing bookings. Sometimes problems with availability settings or calendar synchronization can affect booking rates.

Your dedication to improving your amenities and maintaining good performance on other platforms is commendable. I hope these suggestions help you identify and address any issues affecting your Airbnb listing. Best of luck with your hosting!