Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

365 Replies 365

I sent an email to Aisling Hassell and Brian Chesky.  Aisling must have forwarded my complaint to some senior customer service person.  I got a reply pretty quickly and they promised to help.

After 48 hours, they sent me copies of the transaction reports for the transfers, but there is still no money in my account.  Airbnb told me to send the transaction details to my bank and ask them to trace them.  Seriously ... even I know that "Trace and Recovery" actions can only be initiated by the transaction originator.  So, I rang my bak anyway and, sure enough, as they have no record of the transaction, they have no authority to chase anything.  Only the originator has the authority to trace the funds.

So, I told the customer support staff this.  their response was to tell me to go back to my bank.

I am a bit lost for words as to this completely moronic attitude.

Fine.  if they won't listen to me, I am off to the police tomorrow to lodge a fraud complaint and then I will be sending an email off to a contact I have in the media.

Also, the poor guest I have coming in on Saturday is going to get his booking cancelled.

So, I have emailed Aisling and Brian again.

Really, for it to go this far and to just be fobbed off is disgraceful.

@Kimi-and-Mark0 

Standard practice for Airbnb, unfortunately. Which is the payment entity that appears on your bank statements? 

Worldpay AP Ltd

CITIBANK EUROPE

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Kimi-and-Mark0 ,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your payments. Can you let me know if you are still waiting for this and I will pass it to the appropriate team.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Yes, I am still waiting for Airbnb to sort this out and pay me the $3,500 that I am owed.

On an interesting note for others with the same issue, I did have one success.

I changed my payout method from a bank account to my PayPal account just before the latest guest arrived.  When payment for this guest was processed, the funds did arrive in my PayPal account almost immediately.

The funds sent to my bank account several weeks ago are still missing.

could I have the e mail ID  of Aisling .

My pending payouts from airbnb

aisling.hassell@airbnb.com

Good luck.  All I have gotten so far is a bunch of promises.  Still no money ...

Padmini0
Level 2
Kodaikanal, India

Yes,  I have the same problem with the previous two payouts.

I have been sending repeated e mails,  messages and spoken to their representatives several  times but it is such a waste of time  and energy. 

In sheer disgust I asked them to let me know who

To contact to resolve the issue but they are unresponsive. 

Shall keep trying

In sheer desperation

Padmini

Paromita1
Level 1
Kolkata, India

Hi ! I am facing similar issues. They have admitted theres an internal error which they are waiting to be resolved by their technical team . It's already a week. Please tell me how many days did your case took to be solved?

Dinah9
Level 2
Icod de los Vinos, Spain

I have over 1000€ go missing, paid into an account I do not recognise!  Have been trying to get it sorted for 3 weeks. Now have slmost no Christmas money

David6369
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

This happened to me too.  It’s about 700 dolllars and it’s about one month and they still haven’t resolved. I’m very unhappy about this. They start to ignore my inquiry message now. What should I do now? 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Happening to me right now. Does anyone have any tips  on someone to ask for  or what to say during the call to get some attention? I've called three times and still no payout. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Laura2592 I'm pinging the payments team now, will get you some information asap. So sorry for this delay,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

How did u solve the issue? My case manager is not helping. Keep asking me to ask my local bank but my bank says theres no problem on their end. This is airbnb’s doing.

When ask for proof of payout released airbnv wont provide it to me. 

please help