Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Monthly discount on search when I have not set one

Renee541
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Monthly discount on search when I have not set one

A monthly discount appears on a search when I have not set any discounts. I have custom monthly prices.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Renee541 

Your listing shows custom set monthly prices.

But it it is still a discount compared to nightly price.

eg: discount in march differs from april.

Please note monthly stays are 28 nights and above, you have set minimum stay to 27 nights.

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/its-now-easier-to-set-your-monthly-rate-379

Thanks for the quick response. I followed the monthly rate and that let to the custom monthly price. The custom monthly price that I have set is not the same as what appears in a search. The discount appears ontop of the custom monthly price that I have set and the discount appears as monthly discount...

Forgot to also say that the March and April should be the same custom monthly price. It appears the same in my settings..can you please tell me what you saw for March vs April. Also I have taken off the custom monthly price temporarily until I can get this resolved

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Renee541  As a new host, I would advise you not to take long term bookings. Set your max stay to 2 weeks or so until you get everything set right and learns the ins and outs of it all. 

I woukd never take long term bookings through Airbnb at all. There are none of the safeguards landlords normally employ with tenants. And make no mistake- a guest who stays a month or more is no longer a guest, they are considered a tenant by law in most jurisdictions. And Airbnb will not assist you in evicting them if they prove objectionable or fail to pay subsequent months. 

Also, it says your flat is a basement apartment. You should make it clear in your info who lives upstairs.