My listings have capped the 120 night limit in LA while waiting for an extended stay permit

Charles183
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

My listings have capped the 120 night limit in LA while waiting for an extended stay permit

Been getting a bunch of automated emails, some of which don't make sense, stating I'm over my 120 limit and that they're going to deactivate my listings. 

My understanding is that we can continue to short term while the applications are being processed?

LA city is run by the laziest/stupidest individuals to ever grace the earth so these applications may not be seen to in many more months perhaps years. They make the DMV look like the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

If anyone can shed some light on this or are experiencing a similar issue please let me know!

23 Replies 23

Yes i did get approved after a couple of months .. 

Hi Tim, how long did it take you to get your extended stay permit? I’m in a bad place and really hoping mine will go through.

I’d love any info. I’m a new host and trying to figure all this out.

Thank you.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Leslie1017I came across your comment on an inactive old thread. I’d highly recommend that you create a new discussion with your question, this way more hosts can see your post and share their thoughts 😊 Feel free to start a conversation here

Additionally, you can join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice. Here's a link to the Local Host Clubs 😎

Also tagging @Tim670 in the hopes that he can come back to support you 🙏🏽

Feel free to tag  the member you're responding to. This ensures they get a notification of your message. You can do this by using the @ symbol and selecting the user from the drop-down menu 😀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes I did received it. You? 

I did get the extended home sharing permit.  I am in the process of my first extended renewal and it is taking over one month and I have not heard anything from them.  Have you gotten a renewal already?

Christine3742
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Charles and anyone reading this thread! 

I'm in a cluster.... has anyone had to apply for a new HSR number to be told that Airbnb counts 120 per listing and not per HSR number? I can't find this anywhere in their terms. The city is being more helpful at this point. 

Hi Christine, I am in a bad situation. I just applied for the extended stay permit. How long did it take you to get yours? I’m a bit in a panic right now because I might need to cancel some reservations. 

I’d appreciate any info that you have. I’m a new host and it is so hard to find answers. 

Thank you. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Leslie1017, as this is quite an inactive old thread. I’d advise that you create a new post with your question, this way fellow hosts can see your post and share their advice 😊 Feel free to create a new post here

You can join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your insights, exchange tips and learn. Here's a link to the Local Host Clubs 😎

Also tagging @Christine3742 in the hopes that she can come back to advise you 🙏🏽

Feel free to tag  the member you're responding to. This ensures they get a notification of your message. You can do this by using the @ symbol and selecting the user from the drop-down menu 😀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Christine3742 This is exactly what I am experiencing! Were you able to resolve this?