NYC OSE registration application denial error

Answered!

NYC OSE registration application denial error

After waiting 2 months, OSE just denied my application stating the following:

This email is to inform you that your Short-Term Rental Registration Application with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Special Enforcement (OSE) has been denied for the following reason(s): Pursuant to New York City Administrative Code 26-3102, "No registration shall be issued for the short-term rental of a dwelling unit the rent of which is regulated." Based on information on file with the NYS Department of Homes and Community Renewal's Office of Rent Administration, the rent of the dwelling unit associated with this registration application is regulated.

My unit is a condo that I own. It is NOT rent regulated. I even emailed them proof that it isn’t rent regulated from NYC’s own website. 

OSE does not pick up their phones nor respond to emails. 

I would rather not start an Article 78 action, but I don’t see another choice. 

1 Best Answer

Finally got my registration application approved.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jenna424
Level 2
New York, NY

hi @Peter3990 , i saw your post about getting denied from ose. i am in the same boat - i have the document from the state that says the rent is not regulated. were you able to get it resolved or did you take any other action? they have also stopped responding to me. anyway - hope we can all get this figured out soon. thank you

Finally got my registration application approved.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Peter3990 !! Would you like to share more about the process and the follow up steps that helped with the approval of registration application?

It will greatly help other Hosts in similar situations to follow them and know of the estimated time of such processes🌻.

Looking forward to hear your tips!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

OSE give me till 05/14 to fix it. ) 

The submitted ** listing offers illegal occupancy, specifically the listing offers an entire home rental and occupancy to more than two guests and may be corrected by modifying or replacing the listing with one that offers legal occupancy; and 2) the submitted listings appear to offer illegal occupancy, specifically they appear to offer unhosted rentals, and may be corrected by replacing the listings with ones that offer legal occupancy or amending the listings to make clear that the stay is hosted within the unit that is the subject of the application.

Can you tell me what they looking for.  I did not send them the whole house just the room. available

You can call me at ** Erica Anderson

**[Private details removed -  Community Center Guidelines]