New Host San Francisco Business Registration

New Host San Francisco Business Registration

I am a new host in San Francisco since July 2023, and has followed through the steps to be compliant with the local regulations.  I submitted the Short-Term-Rental (STR) application to SF Planning office on July 16.  I was then able to host short-terms using the STR record number from the application.  

On Aug 23, Airbnb canceled my future short-term rentals (confirmed after Sep 2023) requested an updated business registration, and now the platform only allows hosting with 30-day minimum booking.  While those reservation shows that the bookings were 'canceled by Airbnb', and not by me, those guests were upset and reached out directly to me a the host

I followed up with the SF Planning office, checked my application status daily.  It remains open (as of today Aug 30).  The SF Planning office cited a slower processing due to low resource.  The office also confirmed that I can continue using the previous STR record number to continue hosting short terms in the meantime.  

I passed that information to Airbnb, and I am still not able to have my calendar shows bookable for short terms (< 30 days).  This issue has been passed around to at least 5 service reps, without resolution.

Are there any new SF hosts experiencing the same issue?

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sadono0, Did you manage to get this resolved or hear back from the Support team?

If you are still looking for some guidance and want to reach out to Hosts from San Francisco, you can also explore this link to our Local Host Clubs: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs. I hope it helps you reach out to local Hosts and know how they dealt with similar concerns.

Do keep us posted on your findings!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika,

Thanks for reaching out

No, it is not yet resolved. It has been tossed around to many Airbnb Support Tam Reps to no avail, as none seems to own the resolution of the issue, nor know the answer.  

At this time,  I have been received a typed-up response or a link to article, but none truly addresses the issue at hand.