New Host Seeking Guidance: Boosting property visibility

Zarna2
Level 1
Mumbai, India

New Host Seeking Guidance: Boosting property visibility

Hello Airbnb community! I'm new to hosting and excited to share my space with travelers. However, I'm having trouble getting my property noticed. Could experienced hosts please share some tips on how to increase visibility and attract more bookings? I'd love to hear your advice on:

- Optimizing my listing for search 

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1181646872616502280?source_impression_id=p3_1724865009_P33LNu-lwK9jSaRD 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support! Looking forward to learning from you all.

Regards,

Coastal Charm - Host

Zarna**

**[Name hidden due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]
[Content updated  to add listing link by Community Manager]

9 Replies 9

Dear Zarna, your description looks very amazing. To improve it I advise you if possible to make the pictures by a professional. Then I didnot see if you propose coffee or tea to the guest. It would be good. Hope you the best.

Efstathia1
Level 2
Athens, Greece

It's perfect. The only thing I would change is allowing smoking inside.

People that do not smoke avoid this places.

Your place looks beautiful, add some posters on the wall (living room and bedrooms) also add some flowerpots (green)  on the table. That will help.

Thanks

Edelmira8
Level 2
Cocoa, FL

Hello Zarna2 ! 
You have a delightful, cozy tastefully decorated listing. Peaceful pool view areas transformed me as I scrolled through your pictures. Split AC in each room shows how considerate you are to the temperature sensitivity of each guest ( something I will do for my listing as well ). Your listing is beautiful and free of clutter. Should I travel to India , your place will be where I would stay. Have a lovely day ! 
Edelmira 

Port St. John Florida ❤️👍👍👍

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you so much @El-Bekkaye0 @Edelmira8 @Edwige74 @Efstathia1 for sharing such supportive and helpful comments for Host @Zarna2  ! 

I am tagging @Zarna2  , so that the author can be notified of your kind comments 😍 

I'd also like to share a little Community Center Tip 💡 : If you'd like to tag members in your comments, for them to get a notification of your message — simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to reach should pop up 😊 This will ensure they get notified of your comment to their question!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Erik2004
Level 2
Sugarloaf, CA

@Zarna2 I would agree with others that pictures need to be professionally done and also add artwork to walls. Although your place looks great overall. it seems very sterile and not inviting. 

Best of Luck!

Elaine669
Level 2
Nashville, TN

@Zarna2 It looks like you are doing great for only hosting for 2 months:) So whatever you are doing, keep on doing it!!! 

I took a slightly different approach to my review. The information I gathered in my review is based on scrolling through the pictures fast  and not reading the listing. This is what most guests will do on first look. Hope it helps.

So at first look  I thought it was a 1 bedroom, even though it clearly says its a 2 bedroom. If I had been in a hurry,  and didn't want to spend the time  to go back and read  the listing, I may have moved on to the next listing if I wanted a 2 bedroom. When I looked more closely at the listing, I did notice that the beds were similar but different. I do like how they complement each other, so I wouldn't change that. But if you could add some throw pillows, a picture or something that gives one of the rooms a little more presence, then they will have no problem quickly identifying it is indeed a 2 bedroom. Most people will look at pictures rather than read and then they will go back and read the listings that they saved. 

I did not check out your competition, but you should. Offer everything that they offer and  add some special touches. Maybe beach chairs  and beach towels, if you don't provide those already. Showing pictures of what you offer is critical.

When AIrbnb gives their update twice a year, spend the time listening to it and make all the changes they suggest. For example if they say there is a need for shorter stays then try to accommodate that.

Always respond to guests inquires quickly and friendly.

I think showing a few more pictures of the pool area and the nearby beach would be nice. I would make my feature picture the pool, unless your competition has pictures like that. If they do, then you could take your pool picture and stage it a bit. Put a towel on chair, maybe a drink on a table. Make the guest feel like they are enjoying the pool already. This helps them to envision themselves at your place and makes it feel warm and welcoming. It may also help them to remember your listing.

Again, this review was based on scrolling through the pictures fast like a guest often does. You are doing fantastic and you will love being a host! It's one of my favorite things I do. It's so nice that you can share this lovely location with others:)

Emilia629
Level 1
Pembroke Pines, FL

Hi Zarna,

Recommend better or professional pictures as the first impression is important.  Good luck!

Elizabeth2599
Level 2
Willits, CA

Hello. 

Your place looks very nice, and the pool is an added bonus!

To make it more homey, and comfortable, I would add a big house plant near the window to the left, and some fabric pillows with washable covers on the sofa, a soft throw draped over the back of a chair.  Framed artwork on the walls that is peaceful and beautiful, such as nature scenes.  Splashes of color here and there.  

I would add a photo of the entrance as you are approaching the building, as well.

Good luck!

Lil

Willits Garden Cottage

Willits, California