New host, my first payment through western union still not recieved

New host, my first payment through western union still not recieved

Hi, I am new host to Airbnb. Everything looled fine till now. My guest booked and paid a week prior. They arrived on 10.06 and left today 13.06. Still no payment. I used Western union as payment method, so if Airbnb sent the funds it must not take so much time. After reading complains from other hosts I started to worry that this is something that normally happens with Airbnb payments and I am not really ready to host and pay bills and to pray they to send me money. Is it worth it to be part of Airbnb? My home was booked just for 3 nights here and almost 3 months on the other famous website. I wrote to support they told wait 2 more days and money are sent. If they were sent I should recieve an email. And they havent sent such email so clearly they dont pay 24 hours after the guests arrives. Sorry, but I am worried. I am wondering should I block my calendar and do not host any future guests? Its very frustrating that they told me your funds are sent ask western union and at the same time say wait 2days for the code. They know pretty well you cant ask western union anything without the MTCN code.  So, I see "the magic circle of trust" that other hosts complain about and I am not sure that I need such headache in my life ....

If someone uses western union as payment method, can you write me about when you recieve your payments?

5 Replies 5
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Nina1325 

Welcome to the community!

The Airbnb may take 30 days to pay to the new host, after their received the first resevation. 

Hosts on Airbnb can keep track of their payout status in the transactions history.

Better yet, do contact the Airbnb representatives in the help centre for the clarification. 

Hope you don't be nerves racking  and  happy hosting.

Hi, thanks for your answer. Up to 30days? So, its not 24 hours after guests arriving? Thank you so much that you share ☺

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Nina1325 

You’re a new Host, Airbnb may hold your payouts for 30 days after your first reservation is confirmed.

Afterwards, Airbnb will release the money to the experience hosts 24 hours after the guest checks-in.

My guest paid before more than a week. They came and even check out. 

I didnt knew its only for experienced hosts 24 hours. Thats a very good info for me. Thank you for your help !

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

In my case, I didn’t have to wait anywhere near 30 days. My very first guest was the end of March. My payout was within 48 hours. All payouts since then have been 24 hours after guest checks in unless a weekend, then 48 hourd. I wonder if it may be the payout method—Western Union. My payout method is through a large credit union. Good luck to you.