New to Hosting

Jane3491
Level 1
Gawcott, United Kingdom

New to Hosting

Hi I'm Jane and I started hosting late last year, I only had one guest, he and his friends upset all the neighbours and left a mess, he didn't leave a review.

Since then I have had one inquiry from a lady running a cleaning business ( wanting me to use her) and two people wanting New Years Eve and New Years Day which Airbnb blocked as they probably wanted to use my property for a party.

So I have no reviews and no bookings, what should I do?  I've reduced my price.  I'm at the point of giving up!

Here is a link to my listing and any advice would be welcome.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/52820324?preview_for_ml=true

Many thanks

Jane

16 Replies 16
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jane3491 

BATHROOM, KITCHEN & HALLWAY

- I don't think you need to do much. They both look newly renovated and functional, but I would maybe add a picture or two and a plant to the bathroom if this is practical. Succulents are great, low maintenance plants, readily available and inexpensive. In a bathroom, where they absorb moisture from the air, they will barely need watering. Or, maybe a shelf with rolled up towels?50663fc605b696e3fa4ee4c2c630a3d8.jpeg

- In the kitchen, I think you can afford to have one or two things on the counters to make it seem less stark, e.g. a nice container with smart looking utensils or a fruit bowl, some small pictures on the walls etc.

- Add some artwork to the hallway. Here (and elsewhere) mirrors would be really useful. As well as being decorative, they can really increase the sense of space and light and are just useful. Of course, that does mean more stuff to clean!

4d342bea011a56b23892fbadf72e77ac.jpeg

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10
Georgia, United States

Some great suggestions already for visual improvements. I would suggest that you work on the language in the listing. You are close to the beach but the first thing I read about the surrounding area is how FAR everything is..."Brecon is an hour away with beautiful walks and wonderful views. Afan Forest is 14 miles away and is great for mountain biking. The Mumbles is 11miles away..."  

Why not emphasize right away the wonderful amenities of your location, such as the beach and maybe add some shots of that? Perhaps I got something wrong about your location but I'm going off what I've read so far and if I'm wrong, that's another clue the details are a bit thin. If your location doesn't have much then emphasize how wonderful this is as a getaway, the peace and quiet and then maybe show some pictures of a good book and coffee cup and throw by the window....help paint the picture so people can see themselves taking a holiday there.