No Bookings

Varun-Kumar1
Level 2
Princeton, NJ

No Bookings

Hi, I listed my property on AirBnb a few months ago, however I am getting no bookings at all. Initially I got two and that's it. Its a peak season in my property area and still no inquiries at all. 

Can somebody please advise what could be the problem? 

5 Replies 5
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Varun-Kumar1 For  me I found your listings  confusing was  I renting  a room or a whole cabin.  The first floor  or  the  whole  house?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Varun-Kumar1, while fellow Hosts share their suggestions, I wanted to drop in and link a few threads which may be useful to you 😊

Additionally, I'd recommend joining the Local Host Clubs to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can get advice, exchange tips and share insights on how bookings are going in your area 🗣

If you'd like to, you can ask for feedback on your listing from hosts. 

Check out this guide on how to: Ask for listing critique on the Community Center 🏡

Hope these help!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jane2808
Level 2
New York, NY

I agree with Marie's comment. Your listing suggests you're getting a room in a home occupied by other people.  But also, I find the pictures uninviting. The space looks cold and not very homey, especially the pictures at night. Large, empty rooms with a few pieces of furniture. Do you have any accessories to decorate with? Focus on the lovely view. 

Frances52
Level 5
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom

@Varun-Kumar1 

Hi! I echo all the lovely suggestions from everyone else.

Also, maybe do following as well

1. Check your pricing with other properties in your area to make sure your pricing is competitive

2. Do a very thorough job of onboarding your offering -- from photos, to descriptions etc -- it's painful but being thorough is worth it, and you can tweak over time

3. Put on a 'guest lens' and check your description -- from title, to description, to amenities, to pricing -- and see if any thing seems unclear or could be improved

Good luck!

@Varun-Kumar1 I am also a host and a property manager in Princeton, NJ, (Upfish Management). You may consider the following on how to possibly increase your booking or occupancies. 

-Make sure your listing photos are high-quality, well-lit, and showcase the best features of your property.

-Write a clear, detailed, and appealing description of your property. Highlight unique features and nearby attractions. Use a catchy and descriptive title that includes key amenities or attractions.

-Offer discounts for longer stays or last-minute bookings to attract more guests.

-Enable Instant Book to allow guests to book your place without prior approval, making it more convenient for them.

-Offer self-check-in or flexible check-in times to accommodate guests’ travel schedules.

-After each stay, encourage guests to leave a review. Positive reviews can significantly boost your listing’s attractiveness.

-Regularly update your listing to reflect any improvements or seasonal changes. Refreshing your listing can also help attract repeat visitors. Hope this helps!