Opt out, reimbursement fraud

Sarah5150
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Opt out, reimbursement fraud

I am a former host who would like to know how to opt out of the emails asking for tax information. After having an absolutely terrible experience with airbnb where my claim was not processed even though I did everything I was instructed to do by the agents and the website (still have proof of this) I made it very clear I would never host or rent with this company again. I would delete the account entirely but I don't want it somehow manipulated so keeping it open seems wiser. My wallet, my rental and the long term residents who lived there were not protected by any of the airbnb coverage when a methhead literally soiled the place with blood and feces and meth and coke residue. Why on earth would I consider hosting with airbnb again? How is this company still operating when it just blatantly discriminates and illegally cons it's customers? You owe me 1600 dollars and want to keep sending me these host tax emails? Good frickin grief. 

5 Replies 5
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Sarah5150 We are only hosts here Sarah if you want to speak with Airbnb then maybe get in touch with them . .. H

Thanks Helen,

I definetely didn't realize that. Someone on the staff must have seen my message and responded to it. The emails are resolved but I'm not optimistic about getting reimbursed. Hope your experience with them is better than mine, if I ever get back to hosting I know it'll be on hopper or some other platform owned by a vastly more ethical company. Take lots of precautions and have lots of renter's insurance and safety measures and the police on speed dial because airbnb does not provide the protections that they claim to at all. Once this happened to me I started researching and found soooo many horror stories, don't trust this company.   Bless and stay safe

@Sarah5150 Stay safe Sarah... H

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Sarah5150 airbnb is just a platform. I have had my fair share of bad guests. If you do decide to return to hosting, you should up your prices to have a cushion in case something happens, get your own insurance and vet your guests either by not having instant book or by checking IDs

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah5150 

Sorry to hear about your experience, and that it's made you give up hosting.

As mentioned by @Helen744 the Community Center is a place for Hosts (and sometimes guests!) to discuss all things Airbnb, but there's a team of Community Managers such as myself who look after the community, and although we aren't Airbnb Support, we can usually make sure that any issues like yours are reviewed by the team.

In this case I can see that my colleague @Paula has passed the details to the team, and today I've sent an update explaining about the Guest issue and expected reimbursement.  I can't promise it'll help but it's worth a try!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines