Pay-out Fraud / Hacker

Nest-Nine0
Level 1
Windsor, United Kingdom

Pay-out Fraud / Hacker

I have fallen victim to pay-out fraud/ Breech of data and I would like to know if anyone has experienced the same thing and how Airbnb supported or if you was able to obtain any relevant details?

Upon checking  the status of a large pay-out of over 5.5k, I noticed that a new payment method had been assigned to my account as  default which doesn't belong to me, nor did I do. 

I have been on the phone to Airbnb for the past 5 days explaining to multiple agents that my account has been hacked, and the new account added does not belong to me. I have been begging for help to try and get the payment stopped, but every agent totally incapable of understanding, helping or taking any action, and to top it off, they just keep cutting me off and closing the support ticket. 

My account is still venerable as for some reason there is a system error, and I cant even update my password to secure my account, they are doing nothing about this also. 

The furthest we have got with support from Airbnb is a trust department sending  an email to suggest that they can see a payment has been added under my host account and therefor they accept no responsibility?  

Of course the payment has been updated in my host's account name, that's what hackers do!!  

Has any one been successful in handling a situation similar, or perhaps even been able to get through to a department within Airbnb that can help you get more details on the bank account ? 

Feeling so at a loss. The payment is in process so they suggest they cant stop it and are just doing absolutely nil to support. 

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Nest-Nine0 , I'm so sorry to hear about this! I've had my email address hacked once (a very old one) but that doesn't begin to compare to how you must be feeling right now.

I've sent this over to the team now, they'll be in touch with you ASAP. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Lynne548
Level 1
Mooloolaba, Australia

Yep this happened to me today and I have asked Air BNB for assistance and all I hear is Crickets!  I was able to remove the hackers bank details and air bnb confirmed all was good, then they still paid the other account!  There is a huge language barrier with Air BNB and I am expecting them to pay me!!