Long term airbnb over 7 years last mostly as a super host now no guests.

Chiara313
Level 2
Brighton, Australia

Long term airbnb over 7 years last mostly as a super host now no guests.

Hi,

I have a pretty cottage in Sorrento. Australia  I have been a super host most of the time.  I really love my Cottage.

But now I cannot get a booking.  Also governments are making landlords the scapgoats to all the problems with

housing.  My taxes have gone up 700%.  my cleaning bill has gone up 100% and bookings down to 0%.

It is winter but my winter income was always excellent.  Does social media work.  Does anyone have any ideas how

to climb back with the algorithm.

Love any feed back.

airbnb.com/h/chiara-cottage

Chiara

1 Reply 1

Hi @Chiara313 

You property is absolutely gorgeous! Love it! Took a quick look and few things stood out to me:

Addl Guest Fee

Guests are very "fee" conscious these days and there has been a lot of negative media coverage and backlash about Airbnb fees. I noticed you advertise for 6 guests but start charging an addl guest fee of $53 after 2 guests? This could be negatively affecting your bookings, as I note your lowest rating (4.6) is for value?

You may need to either remove the addl guest fee and increase your price to be competitive with other similar properties, or maybe only add the addl guest fee after 4 or 5 guests? I would also consider running Airbnb Custom Promotions for the slower season as this boosts you in search rank.

Property Type

You may consider changing your property type to "Home" instead of "Cottage. You can keep Cottage in the Title, but I would probably change that too. Maybe say something about how far you are from the beach or that you have a fantastic outdoor space for a wedding venue in the title? Most other properties in your area that advertise 6 guests are shown as "Home." Not sure if this will help in search results or not? "Cottage" can denote 1000-1200sqft and looks like your place is larger than that?  

Joan2709_0-1719584452320.png