Payment

Payment

Our first guest said they paid and received confirmation but there has been no payment on our end. We chose to set up with paypal to receive payment sooner... check in was 2pm today. Is there a time frame before I see that payment or how do I know he paid?

3 Replies 3
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Ashley864 

Airbnb handles the payments - that is what you pay your service fee for.

Traditionally aribnb releases the payment on teh day of check in - it can then take several days to reach your account.

However, for new hosts, airbnb often hold onto payment for up to 30 days.

When I was a new host, aribnb released the payment as soon as my first guest left postive feedback. 

Here is a post a very experienced host created about managing  a new listing some time ago.

You may find it useful

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Ashley864  @Rowena29  Airbnb releases funds 24 hours after the guest has checkin.It may take a week or two for the payment to reach your bank account if you are using the wire transfer option.I would advice you to use paypal or payoneer in order to receive payment faster.Good luck and happy hosting!!!

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 , @Ashley864 has already stated that she is using a paypal account.    BTW @Ashley864   apparently as of September this year, there is now no longer a 30 day delay for new hosts.

here is a cut and paste from the relevant thread in airbnb ...

Airbnb typically releases your payout about 24 hours after your guest’s scheduled check-in time. The time it takes , the funds to arrive in your account depends on your payout method.

Once we’ve sent your payout, a 'Payout' line item will appear for that reservation.

To check the status of your payout, visit your transaction history

If you have a minimum payout amount set, your payout won’t be released until that amount is met. If you have multiple listings with check-ins on the same day, any funds going to the same payout method will be deposited as a single payout.

After Air bnb releases the payout, it takes some additional time for the money to get to you. The average processing time for each payout method is:

• A C H / Direct deposit: Up to 3 business days
  • Bank or international transfer: 3–7 business days
  • PayPal: Within 1 business day
  • Western Union: 1 business day (US Pacific Time)
  • Payoneer Prepaid Debit Card: Within 1 business day
  • Alipay: Instant once Air bnb releases the payout (available for mainland China hosts only)

Many banking systems don't process transactions on weekends or holidays. If your payout from Airbnb is completed between Friday and Sunday, it might not be processed until the next week.

If you have any questions about processing time after your Airbnb transaction history shows a payout as completed, contact your payment processor directly.