Payments HELP!

Marni-And-Jeff0
Level 1
Campbell River, Canada

Payments HELP!

Has anyone been having a problem with payment from Airbnb?  We haven’t been paid for the past 3 stays. 

despite multiple conversations over the past 3 weeks with Airbnb we cannot get them to rectify the problem. They keep sending us ai generated responses or have multiple people call us and we to explain the situation over and over again. At this point the amount of money outstanding is significant. 

if anyone has experienced this, please reach out and let us know how you resolved it. Thinking about leaving the platform for another, possibly legal action…..  

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

So sorry to hear of your payout issues @Marni-And-Jeff0 , I cannot imagine how much worrying it must have been for you. As you posted some time ago, I wanted to reach out to check in if you managed it to get this resolved with the Support team. 

In situations like these, many Hosts in the community suggest to alter the payout method so that Hosts can resume receiving payouts. Did you happen to try it out?

What's the current status with the missing payouts? We look forward to support you 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

David1061
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Hello Fellow Van Islanders (We are on Quadra);

We have been Air bnb hosts for over 10 years and had no problems with payouts until this week. If you are using Paypal to receive payouts, beware that Paypal may without any notification put a limit on your account and then decline a payment,  ALL WITHOUT AN EMAIL OR ANY NOTICE WHATSOVER!.

If that is what happened to you (happened to me), sadly you can expect little or no help from Air bnb. I suggest you call them and not rely on messaging them. Be prepared for a lot or run-around or "a specialized team member" is working on it. 

We have been running our single unit summer guest cottage for over 18 seasons and got by for years without Air bnb. Unless they clean up their act pronto, we may go back to our own web page and say "adios Air bnb". When one looks at the  Air bnb fees and taxes, we could likely earn more and charge the clients less. 

David on Quadra Island

Thanks David. We experienced the exact same issue with the run-around and their special “super host” team. We did call and when “Anna” finally got it touch after many weeks, she said she had been not feeling well so would contact us in a couple of days. Sounds like they are a team of 1!

we too have been thinking about leaving and getting away from the exorbitant pricing through Airbnb. 

thanks again for sharing your experience. Hopefully the “team” is monitoring this forum and takes note.