Payout preference changed to a debit Payoneer card - NOT BY ME!!!

Payout preference changed to a debit Payoneer card - NOT BY ME!!!

I would like to share with everyone  my recent issue with AIRBNB. I have been a host for the past 4 years and have had no problems with AIRBNB. Several weeks ago i noticed that my last payout has not been confirmed or received in my default bank account. Also this time was different than most because i did not receive a confirmation of payout as usual. Immediately i understood something here was fishy. When looking at my payout method i was surprised to see a new method : Payoneer debit card. I do not have a a Payoneer account nor have i ever received a Payoneer debit card. therefor first thing i did was contact  Airbnb and let them know of this matter. Unfortunately Airbnb cannot answer very basic questions like: Who created this Payoneer account? Where was the money forwarded to? Who's Payoneer account is connected to my Airbnb account. 

I am very disappointed with the way AIRBNB and there response to this matter. It seems there are very serious security issues with this site. How is this possible and why am i not receiving basic information about this new payout method that was suddenly added to my account . 

Iam 100 % sure this is a case of  serious fraud and theft , it is very disappointing to understand that Airbnb does not care about their hosts and customers. 

I will not continue being a host with AIRBNB and all of my future bookings will be cancelled , of course i will send them this message before so they know. 

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you and understandably you have questions around this. As a first step have you taken a look at the activity on your account?

There is a useful  this Airbnb Help Center article: What Should I do if I think someone has logged into my account?  that might be able to help you.

Hope to hear from you.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

Hi Lizzie, 

Thank you for your response. 

Unfortunately, in my case this article is not of help to me since the theft has already occurred and as of now thousands of dollars have been stolen from me and AIRBNB is not responding as it should. 

As of now i have not received any update about my earnings and how they will be re compensated to me after this theft.