Payouts suspended

Answered!
Myka15
Level 2
Camberwell, Australia

Payouts suspended

My payouts was suspended while airbnb started to ask my to upgrade my information as a business account, because my two years account established as a personal account, but the payouts is going to a company. What the account was like this because I never been told the payout way can not be a business account. 

Through the process of uploading my business information to airbnb, the first couple of links were not working, it comes up “thank you for your information provided…..” the link i clicked can not be changed on anything. 

I explained to them and airbnb finally got my point and sent me another link which was worked normally. However my payouts was already suspended before the worked link I have received. 

Now, I have waited for 7 days for the payouts to be released, i made so many phone calls and send msgs through airbnb, they always saying someone will contact me and my issue will solved asap. 

The fact is, i never received someone’s help, and payouts still on suspending. I reviewed few community help through airbnb, there are few people had same problems and their payouts was released after more than two months. 

I don’t want to be them, because my business is very small, our staff are all working for this business, all income are came through this business. I am a legal entity in Australia, and they don’t have any basis to suspending my payouts without a consequence from KYC. 

Anyone could help me out for this matter? Other than this, i would love to cancel all the reservations from this account by airbnb and change to other platform. 

1 Best Answer
Myka15
Level 2
Camberwell, Australia

Hi @Katie1530 

Our issue has been solved after about a week time. You may check your information if you are also waiting for KYC verification, and make sure all informations are correctly provided. 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Myka15
Level 2
Camberwell, Australia

About two weeks ago, I received an email from Airbnb customer service asking me to update my account information because the payment goes to my company, but the account is under my personal name.

My account has been operating for nearly two years with the original settings and information. Before this, I was never asked to submit company details to ensure the account is not a personal one. When asked to modify the information, I was very cooperative because I am legitimately managing a short-term rental company. I was told to modify the information to ensure the KYC system could be verified.

I then clicked on the internal link sent by Airbnb to change the content. However, the link Airbnb sent me was not working. They warned me in advance that it might be due to different computer servers or systems, and advised me to try various methods to open the link. This back-and-forth lasted about three to four days. A few days later, when I still couldn’t access the link, Airbnb told me that because I didn’t submit my details within the specified time, my account’s payment had been temporarily suspended. I was told it would be another three to five working days after submitting the required information and successful verification to receive payments. At that moment, I wasn’t too worried because I believe that all Airbnb’s requirements are reasonable and fair.

Despite my continuous explanations that I was not unwilling to submit the details, but genuinely couldn’t access the link, and after providing screenshots from my phone, Ipad, computer, apps, and web pages showing the inaccessible page, they were finally willing to send me a new link. This time, the link worked.

I then updated the details as requested in the form. However, due to my misunderstanding of the form, I entered my husband’s information as the beneficial owner. In reality, he had transferred the company under my name years ago. Although he’s the director and manages the company, I completely forgot that I am the 100% beneficiary. When I realized the mistake, I asked to change the information again. By this step, my account had been frozen for about three days. Still, I wasn’t too anxious, thinking that once I updated my name for KYC, there should be no problems. However, 24 hours later, I was informed that the account name should be a natural person’s name, not the account username.

At this point, I felt a bit helpless. Firstly, the content they requested was “account name”, and what first came to my mind was the account user’s name. Otherwise, why would they ask for the company beneficiary’s name again? This suggests a bit of misleading on their part, or perhaps it was my limited understanding. Regardless, it wasn’t intentional misinformation or that my company couldn’t be verified. Secondly, if Airbnb staff shortages are causing delays in resolving landlords’ issues, should they not be more efficient in addressing concerns? Could they not address all arising problems in one go instead of asking questions one by one? I find this a very inefficient way to work, especially for such a large-scale online platform.

Following that, no one replied or contacted me within 48 hours after I submitted the required changes. By the time they stopped payouts, it was already the fifth day. I kept calling and messaging them, and most of the responses I received were the same. Over the phone, I was told that my case would be expedited and to wait for a higher-up to contact me… but it was clear this was just a brush-off.

At this point, I, a company owner who has been managing short-term rentals for almost 8 years, was begging Airbnb to release my payments. While Airbnb suspended my payments, they still required me to continue serving every order. We need working capital to operate, and by freezing my earnings, it’s incredibly frustrating and unacceptable.

After learning that many others had their earnings frozen due to similar requests, I suspect Airbnb might withhold my earnings while expecting me to continue providing accommodations and services for at least two months. I looked at our orders, and we still have AUD 380,000 worth of bookings to service. If I deny customers accommodation, they might find more reasons to penalize me and seize every penny of my frozen funds. Moreover, resolving this issue usually takes two months or even several years.

This is a devastating blow to our small business! I can’t pay staff salaries or give landlords their earnings, causing massive negative impacts in all aspects of our management company.

I beg any relevant Airbnb official who sees this article to contact me and help resolve this difficulty. I’d be eternally grateful!

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Myka15,

I see you've posted about this a few times and consolidated a couple of them here. 

Have you heard anything from customer support about your payouts?  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Myka15
Level 2
Camberwell, Australia

Its bee solved. Thank you for asking. 

Hi Breanna

My payout issue has not been solved and no one is helping me from Air Bnb.

I am now owed more than $50,000.00.

I cant take the stress anymore, I cannot pay my landlords, I cannot pay my cleaners. I have 97 listings under my care and have been a host for nearly 7 years and never had an issue.

Are you able to help me please? 

I contact Airbnb everyday and I am put round and round in circles. The KYC department that I need to speak to doesn't have phones and the other staff members can only offer me little support. 

What can I do? 

Katie 

Ilona171
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Katie   its getting worse and worse.  I cannot afford to take any guests now.  I do hope you will get paid

Katie

Has this been resolved for you yet?

I had a very similar issue.

Despite the fact I have been with Airbnb for over 11 years (most of that as a Superhost), my account was suspended for over a month whilst it was "verified".

This was despite the fact I was given only 2 hours in the middle of the night to provide some documentation.

Airbnb have a watertight stonewalling system whereby you cannot get through to anyone in authority to help.

I went to the Department of Fair Trading here in Australia but they could only offer mediation.

I tried everything as I had to take out a loan to pay my cleaners and clients.

There has been industry press on this issue and Airbnb deny it is an endemic problem.

I was always a loyal Airbnb advocate until that this happened to me, but I am now totally "out of love" with them.

Eventually, after nearly five weeks my account was "verified" and my payments came through.

I totally feel for you and hope things are now ok.

Hi @Myka15 

Has your issue been fixed? 

I am also an Australian Host with 97 listings under my management and have not been paid for nearly 2 months.

I am going round and round in circles and no one can help me. 

Thank you 

Katie 

Myka15
Level 2
Camberwell, Australia

Hi @Katie1530 

Our issue has been solved after about a week time. You may check your information if you are also waiting for KYC verification, and make sure all informations are correctly provided. 

im also a business a licensed agent ive not been paid in three weeks because my business entity is a family trust i have provided all the information at least three or four times with no response. No one will call me. after reading youve had no payment for two months i think i will go to fair trading this morning, its beyond outragous.

Looking at the dates of these complaints , it seems as if this all started end of September 2023.  Does it ring a bell with any computer updates?

Ilona171
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Oh Myka  I am so sorry .  Your loss is so much greater than mine.  I,  too, beg any relevant Airnbnb official to help get this utter mess sorted out.  it  HAS to be a computer glitch.