Pet fees

Harmony26
Level 2
Warsaw, MO

Pet fees

What is a reasonable pet fee to charge? And do you charge a fee per animal?

2 Replies 2
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Harmony26

Did you end up picking how much to charge or are you still undecided? 

I found this discussion, and although its' from a few years ago it might give you some ideas as to how much you could charge for a pet fee in your listing. Have you also maybe had a look around at listings similar to yours that are pet-friendly? This could be quite useful!

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Emilie! Thanks for responding. I did look at some of these conversations. Everyone’s pet fees and prices are all so different ranging from listings in highly traveled areas, specific kinds of rentals, to little small towns on the Lake. So its hard to find any exact answer on what pet fees should be. But for me im so discouraged about the whole excepting pets and charges or fees because…….. Nowdays you can charge a fee and people will lie and not pay the fee and when you find out they brought a dog when you ask they say “its a service dog and i dont have to disclose that info at booking”. Basically they get out of paying a fee that way even though they could be lying about the animal even being a service animal and they have the right to just be totally inconsiderate about just saying im bringing a service animal to begin with. And when talking to Airbnb about it they always side with the guest taking their word without providing proof of a service animal  instead of the host who’s property was ruined or disrespected all because once you say service animal they dont even investigate it. So I’ve decided to accept pets, charge a fee as i would for cleaning and if they lie they lie! It is what it is. For 3% Airbnb really isn’t going to protect you for much. They make more money off of guests than they do the hosts that provide the properties for the guests.