Photography

Answered!

Photography

Hello!

I went through the process of becoming a photographer with airbnb and got my mediabox account active for almost a week now. I have received 0 assignments though. I have changed the locations multiple times with cities from Europe and USA to see if there is an issue with that only in my city but there were 0 assignments everywhere.

So i am wondering how often is this service used? Or is there something that i missed and i have to do?

Your answers are much appreciated, will help me set my expectations right.

Thank you.

1 Best Answer

Two ideas, search here in this forum for photographer, photographers, photo..as some of the hosts in the past have posted, looking for a photographer..and then respond to them. 

Secondly, Every once in a while, a local service person, directly messages us via our listing,  they make an inquiry, requesting a very far into the future  booking,  as not to potentially block any business.

Not sure if this is an “approved/preferred” contact,  or if other hosts would get frustrated with the inquiry,   2 of the folks, we engaged for services and they provided us excellent results, we would not have known about them unless they reached out. 

There exceptional folks here that really know the rules…

@Helen3   Have you had anyone contact you directly?  

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a community for hosts and guests @Ciprian34  so we won't have any knowledge on how much demand there is for Airbnb photographers in your location.

I would suggest you contact however manages Airbnb's photography services.

Sorry, didn't know how this works exactly.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Two ideas, search here in this forum for photographer, photographers, photo..as some of the hosts in the past have posted, looking for a photographer..and then respond to them. 

Secondly, Every once in a while, a local service person, directly messages us via our listing,  they make an inquiry, requesting a very far into the future  booking,  as not to potentially block any business.

Not sure if this is an “approved/preferred” contact,  or if other hosts would get frustrated with the inquiry,   2 of the folks, we engaged for services and they provided us excellent results, we would not have known about them unless they reached out. 

There exceptional folks here that really know the rules…

@Helen3   Have you had anyone contact you directly?  

Excellent ideas! I'll put them into action. Requesting a very far into the future booking as not to potentially block any business is very considerate.

Thank you, Alex.

:)!  Please verify rights ownership prior to shooting for any clients via airbnb…thought i had read that you become a “corporate shooter” and thus airbnb owns them??

Would be a bonus to use outtakes for  stock, if possible. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please don't it's against Airbnb's T&Cs and could get you banned @Ciprian34 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Happy to clarify....

It's against Airbnb's T&Cs for businesses to use the Airbnb booking system to make unsolicited marketing approaches to hosts  and can result in your profile being suspended/banned so I wouldn't recommend  it ☺️🙁@Ciprian34  @Alex1485 

@Helen3,so glad looped you back into the convo..and for taking the time to share your knowledge re: T&C’s… for @Ciprian34  and I, both- :)!..  

I wonder if THE cannabis tour guide,  who reaches out to me every year knows the can be banned for his crazy yearly message to me. …:)

To verify, I’ve got the facts straight…as long as the unsolicited marketing approach is not via the  “airbnb booking system” it is ok…, for example, responding here to hosts posting, looking for a photographer., or need help with my listing..etc..

thanks again cheers!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi

@Alex1485 

happy to help

If a host comes here or on local host groups  asking for recommendations , if what you offer is relevant you can put forward your own business or hosts can recommend suppliers .

1. you cannot use this community to promote commercial services ie advertising posts for services - it is against Airbnb's content policy and is seen as spamming

2 you cannot use the Airbnb booking platform to make unsolicited approaches to hosts 

presume you have reported the cannabis tour guide/blocked him? 

Got it. Thank you Helen!