Private Message Accidentally Posted as Public Response.

Answered!
Don4430
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

Private Message Accidentally Posted as Public Response.

I am a new host who made a simple mistake and can't get it corrected. I thought I was replying to a private thread and instead it ended up being a public response to a guest's review. Not only does my reply not make any sense in the context of their review, but it reveals that our newly launched Air B&B had a slight issue with the hot water that I would rather not make public. I called the help line and apparently guests can remove a review under certain circumstances, but hosts cannot remove a response unless the guest removes the review it is linked to. It should be pretty easy to see that this was a mistake given that my response didn't actually respond to anything that was said in the review. It looks like 2 completely unrelated conversations that got smashed together. It seems pretty unfair that Air B&B won't remedy this honest mistake. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Don4430 try customer services again. You 'own' the review response and have every right to have it removed. This is a legal right in the EU - Not sure about the USA though.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Don4430 try customer services again. You 'own' the review response and have every right to have it removed. This is a legal right in the EU - Not sure about the USA though.

Thanks for the advice! I definitely agree with you on that. 

UPDATE - They called me back a little over an hour later and said they would remove it.