Reduced Views for Tiny House due to Change in Platform - "Type of Place" filter

Virginia668
Level 2
Portland, OR

Reduced Views for Tiny House due to Change in Platform - "Type of Place" filter

Has anyone else noticed a reduction in views for their tiny house?

Airbnb has recently changed the way that the "type of place" filter on the platform works. It is now limited to only four options: House, Apartment, Guest House, or Hotel. If a listing has any other designation for "property type", such as "unique stay" with a subcategory of ("tiny house", "boat", even "other") and a potential guest selects any of the four possible "type of place" filters, the listing will not show, even if it is available. However, if a "type of place" filter is not set, the listing shows as available.

Anyone else having this issue?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Virginia668 

Your listing shows up in the new categorie "tiny homes" (and also in "chalets" and "farms")

Emiel1_0-1658784355808.png

Yes, that's right. I realize the problem is with the filter options. Right now, if a guest searches by location and date, but doesn't use the new categories, and instead chooses property type through the filters, then there is no option to choose "unique property" as a filter. 

When we build our listings, we are asked to choose a property type from the following options: house, apartment, hotel, bnb, guest house, unique property. There are filters for all the other types of property: House, Apartment, Guest House, Hotel, but nothing for the unique properties. So, if a guest doesn't use these filters, it's fine, the listing will appear in a general search by location/date. However, if a guest chooses a filter, then no unique properties will be listed for the search, because there is no option for them to choose "unique propert" when they are searching by filter. That's how filters are supposed to work, but there should still be a "unique property" filter, or else anyone who has built their property as a unique property will miss out on views/reservations. 

I changed my property type from unique properties to guest house, and now I at least have a chance to be seen if guests search by filter rather than by category.

Hope that makes sense.