Rental license and taxes

Answered!

Rental license and taxes

I’m new to hosting it’s been a month, I didn’t realize I need a short term rental and TPT along with notifications to my neighbors it’s in a 55 adult community, any suggestions, it is occupied most weekends so far in such a short time Arizona is the state. Thanks for any help,

1 Best Answer

Yes thank you for the suggestions, I have talked to the city, AbnB today and gave me information as well as the steps I need to take along with time to get it all in. Thank you for everyone's assistance in this process.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

@Shaunell1 

Welcome to the hosting world! It's great to hear that your place is already getting booked up. 😊 Hosting in Arizona does come with a few responsibilities, especially in a 55+ community.

Here’s a quick rundown to help you out:

1. Rental License & TPT: You’ll need a short-term rental license and a Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) license. You can apply for these through the Arizona Department of Revenue’s website. It's essential to get these sorted to avoid any fines.

2. Neighbor Notifications: Since you’re in a 55+ community, notifying your neighbors is important. It helps maintain good relations and ensures you’re in compliance with community rules.

3. Check Community Rules: Make sure your community allows short-term rentals and check for any specific guidelines they may have.

If you need more detailed guidance, feel free to reach out to fellow hosts or the community managers. They can provide valuable resources to make your hosting experience smooth. Keep up the great work, and don’t hesitate to ask if you have more questions!

Best of luck with your hosting journey! 🏡

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Shaunell1,  welcome to the Airbnb Community Center.

Have you had a chance to read Lodge's comment? Here is an article that can offer some additional insights on responsible hosting in the United States.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you!!!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Shaunell1 

You really should pause your listing until you have permission or you  could  face fines for operating without a license.

you may find  your neighbours will object to having guests in this type of development,

how are you ensuring your guests are over 55 ?

Yes thank you for the suggestions, I have talked to the city, AbnB today and gave me information as well as the steps I need to take along with time to get it all in. Thank you for everyone's assistance in this process.