Service Fee & Full Refund for cancellation within 48 hrs.

Greg1410
Level 2
Temecula, CA

Service Fee & Full Refund for cancellation within 48 hrs.

Why was I charged 10% $$ for a Service Fee with a reservation that was cancelled within 48 hours of booking the reservation that was 45 days out.  I booked on June 1st for a July 16th date and cancelled the next day on June 2nd. I cancelled within 24 hours of BOOKING and was charged a service fee for a reservation in July, 2020.  This was in Newport Beach, CA USA.  

3 Replies 3
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Greg1410 

This sounds odd. 

Hosts have no access to this type of information, Airbnb is in charge of refunding their customers even on our behalf. In fact the earliest we get paid is 24 hours after guest checks in. 

I would strongly suggest you get in contact with Airbnb, the phone based customer services are long right now and have heard messaging on the app/website or via their Twitter page is best.

Hope you are able to get this sorted out. 

Yadira 

Airbnb customer service is nonexistent at this point either on the phone or through an email. I canceled within 48 hours of booking, actually 24, and still got hit with a service fee of 10% that is ridiculous. All hosts should switch to VRBO and guests should just get a hotel room and pay more getting hit with service fees when following the rules and protocols is not acceptable.   But, thank you for the reply I know you don’t make the rules. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Greg1410 

@Lizzie @Quincy  could you please help chase this up with your team? Thanks 🙏🏻