Setting up an MTR listing via an existing STR listing

Answered!
Jennifer3187
Level 3
East Longmeadow, MA

Setting up an MTR listing via an existing STR listing

Hi Everyone! I currently have a listing for short-term stays that I want to duplicate for mid-term stays in the winter or off-season only. When I duplicate the listing and go in to make updates to the min stay to reflect 28 days min I receive a response that says long terms stays need to be 91 days or greater for min stay requirements. Since I'm not looking to set up the listing for a 3 month or longer rental what should I do? Any insight appreciated. Also, if you do both STR and MTR with one listing would love to hear how it goes.

Thanks!

Jenn

1 Best Answer

@Jennifer3187 I think you (and probably I) am confused as I can't see what you are trying to do. If you are happy with STR in low season as well as MTR then just have a low min stay and a max stay of say 2 months. The issue you might face is that in low season you get a short stay every month that then precludes a longer stay. If you switch on pro tools in your account you can specify different min/max stays for different parts of the year.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jennifer3187 why have two listings? Would it not be better to just have a different min stay for the off season?

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 ! Thank you for your response and question. The reason I was thinking I needed 2 listings for the STR and MTR approach is that I didn't want to lose out on potential STR bookings if I update the min stay for the off season to 28 days. Am I thinking about this right? Ideally, I'd love to book an MTR but if not I want the chance to STR.

Jenn

@Jennifer3187 I think you (and probably I) am confused as I can't see what you are trying to do. If you are happy with STR in low season as well as MTR then just have a low min stay and a max stay of say 2 months. The issue you might face is that in low season you get a short stay every month that then precludes a longer stay. If you switch on pro tools in your account you can specify different min/max stays for different parts of the year.