Setting up one Airbnb account for two different LLC - Hosting

Answered!

Setting up one Airbnb account for two different LLC - Hosting

Hi Community,

I joined Airbnb as a host a month ago. I've been reading a lot on the Community Center and also on some other blogs I found on Google, but still I have an important question. 

The Situation:

I own two businesses (LLC).

Each LLC has a different EIN, Short Term Rentals Numbers (State Vacation Rental Dwelling License (DPBR), Business Tax Receipt, and Resort Tax Certificate) to comply with Florida, Miami-Dade and the City of Miami Beach authorities.

Each LLC owns a property.

What I have done so far:

I created two different listings, one for each property. Each listing has it own Short Term Rentals Numbers to comply with law and taxes. 

The two listings were created on the same account to simplified management and making it easier to keep track of bookings.

I've organized the payouts on settings for each LLC separately. Now, for each listing—since each property is under a different LLC—the payments are directed to the correct bank account.

The question:

Can I host both properties on my same airbnb account?
I'm asking this because on the account under "business details" you can only put one business information. You can't add both. 

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Maria

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Maria22471 Its absolutely fine to have 2 listings under one account. In fact Airbnb does not allow one person to have 2 accounts so the way you have done it is correct. The LLC thing though may cause problems as Airbnb could/does mix up refunds between properties. If you own both LLCs its possibly not a big issue. If you don't then perhaps the LLC owner should be the host and you co host each listing.

View Top Answer in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi @Maria22471,

Yes, you can host both properties under the same Airbnb account, but there are some considerations. You’ve already done a great job setting up separate listings and payouts for each LLC, which is key.

Regarding the "business details" section, since Airbnb only allows one set of business information per account, you might need to choose which LLC to list there. Alternatively, many hosts in similar situations opt for using a property management tool or external software to keep better track of multiple businesses while maintaining compliance with tax regulations.

It’s also helpful to research how other hosts managing multiple LLCs handle this setup, especially in compliance-heavy areas like Miami.

Thanks for the feedback Hugo. 

I think that using a property management tool or external software will be much of a struggle for me. That's why I set it up as mentioned above. My son helped me to do so. 

I understand that I need to remain compliance, and that's why I wrote the question here. I will keep reading and investigating, but any additional comments will be appreciate it. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Maria22471 Its absolutely fine to have 2 listings under one account. In fact Airbnb does not allow one person to have 2 accounts so the way you have done it is correct. The LLC thing though may cause problems as Airbnb could/does mix up refunds between properties. If you own both LLCs its possibly not a big issue. If you don't then perhaps the LLC owner should be the host and you co host each listing.

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 ! I totally agree with you. I've been reading a lot that 2 accounts for a same person is not allowed. I own the two LLC so that's not a problem. If I get a refund into the incorrect account I will do a proper manual adjustment and transfer from one of the banks account to the other. 
Thanks for the clarification 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Maria22471 have you switched on pro tools from your account page? This gives access to the multi calendar which is a great way to view both properties at the same time.

@Mike-And-Jane0 yes I did, my son helped me out setting this up two weeks ago. It's really useful to have a view of both calendar's listings and lets you set different rules for both listings!

Also the professional tools allows me to add the municipal tax of city of Miami that Airbnb does not collect. Because in Florida, Airbnb collects and remits on behalf of hosts sales tax for Florida and Miami-Dade council, but not the municipals ones.

Thanks for your comments and further insights! 🙂 

This Community really helps each other!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Maria22471, thank you for posting this in our community.

I am tagging some of our experienced hosts here to see if they could lend a hand with this setup:

@Mike-And-Jane0 and @Joan2709.

Regards, 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thanks Paula for your help 🙂

@Maria22471 

@Mike-And-Jane0 pointed out the problem I hear the most for those operating separate business accounts. This is regarding resolution center credits the Host receives. I understand resolution center credits can only go to one bank account? This means you may receive a credit for one property that actually belongs to the other property's bank account. The Hosts I currently work with do not use an LLC/business setup, so I can't really offer any suggestions. Airbnb needs to add functionality so that Hosts can direct all payments to a specific bank account (including resolution center credits). This is especially important for accounting and tax reporting purposes. 

You may need to speak to an tax ccountant/CPA regarding any tax implications with the way you have the listing setup. 

Hi @Joan2709 thanks for the extra information. I agree that Airbnb should add extra functionality. As I mentioned, I think that if I receive a credit/ refund into the default account, I will do a manual adjustment. Just will speak with my accountant, but I assume this would be the way to go! 

Thanks for your comments! You and all the people here commenting and providing feedback have been of great help 🙂