Short term rental permits

Timothy681
Level 2
Dacula, GA

Short term rental permits

Dacula Local Council sent me a notice of violating operating AIRBNB without permits. They requested that I should stop hosting until a permit is approved and issued to me.

9 Replies 9
Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

Yes. It’s renewal time now. STRA permit through council. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Are you operating without a permit @Timothy681 ? 

I’m just learning about the permit stuff. Never got any before. They sent me the paperwork to fill out to be processed and approved before I can continue hosting. I will get that done as soon as possible. 
That cost has to be passed to my guests, right?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

The permit is a cost for your business - all hosts should check with their local government before starting up to see if there are STR regulations in their area and if so apply for relevant licensing . 

Any cost associated with your STR business should be taken into account when setting up a profit and loss account for your business so you factor in all your costs when deciding on your day rates . 

Thanks for your help. But my problem is this is almost November, isn’t yearly permit? 

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Timothy681 😊

I’m sorry to hear about this situation!

Did you renew your permit as our host Bronwyn suggested?

Please let us know so we can help you better!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Thanks for your help 

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Timothy681 😊

It’s my pleasure to help you in the community!

I’m glad you found a host to discuss with. Did you find the information you were looking for?

Don’t hesitate to let me know.

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

I was wondering why AIRBNB didn’t include having City Rental permit as one of the requirements before listing on the platform.

I have been hosting for almost two years, no one demanded the permit, till now!