Which insurance company insures airbnb property in Canada

Answered!
Sepand0
Level 3
Toronto, Canada

Which insurance company insures airbnb property in Canada

My current insurance company has informed me that they will not insure my property if I host it short-term through websites like AirBnB. I'm looking for insurance companies that do exactly that. Can someone in Canada mention a few that don't have problems with airbnb rentals?

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Jackie921
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

TD Meloche Monex just cancelled mine too. 

I looked into a few brokers and online companies that claimed to offer coverage for AirBNB's and found HUB International was the best.  The broker I worked with quoted a number of companies and came up with what felt like the best quotes compared to the others I received.  My airbnb's are in Manitoba.  In my case, the premiums were about 35% higher insuring AirBNB's than for regular long term rental coverage.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53
Emory1
Level 2
Lethbridge, Canada

I was just told cooperators won't be renewing my property of I continue with Airbnb. Now I need to find something by September....

Ray1494
Level 2
Moose Jaw, Canada

Hope  this helps the best i could find so fare is 50% Rental Air BB with My BC Property in BC threw the Bank CIBC Insurance I be leave thePersonal is Under writers very Completive 108.42 per month 742 k insurance with 371k on Dwelling. ** I'm still searching so anyone else out please don't hesitate to respond. Ray&Bev Arrance  

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Shawn541
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

yikes , this is crazy, our home insurance stated they would not insure us if we have an airbnb!!  Not sure if it will be worth it to continue hosting.  I realize that Airbnb insurance is not good and will not rely on them.  Anyone in Ontario find a good insurance company ? 

Sarah4505
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Has anyone here been able to find 12 month AirBNB insurance for a log home? 

Jane2661
Level 2
Cobble Hill, Canada

TD Monash also just denied my insurance because I have AirBnb short term rentals.  I have been with them with no claims for 17 years! 

What is with these companies?

Has anyone found an affordable broker that insures short term rental properties in BC when the owner lives in the house also?   

Help! 

Jackie921
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

TD Meloche Monex just cancelled mine too. 

I looked into a few brokers and online companies that claimed to offer coverage for AirBNB's and found HUB International was the best.  The broker I worked with quoted a number of companies and came up with what felt like the best quotes compared to the others I received.  My airbnb's are in Manitoba.  In my case, the premiums were about 35% higher insuring AirBNB's than for regular long term rental coverage.

I just called TD MM and they said that they allow Airbnb only for 120 days a year. They are sending it to underwriter to see if they will insure me for 12 to 16 guests. Let’s see what they say. 
AirBnb has $3 million damage and $1 million liability coverage so insurance companies seem to be more open to insure STR.

Daniel9196
Level 3
Winnipeg, Canada

I live in Manitoba and the only Coverage I could find was with SquareOne. They have some nice extra options too.

I had found a few others but they had limits like 120-150 days max rental nights.

Squareone for the win. If anyone wants a referal link, (which comes with a $10 Amazon gift card) let me know!

Hi Daniel, I'll like a referral link.