bookings

Paul8123
Level 1
Bradford, United Kingdom

bookings

hi guys- new to this and am now 'listed' but getting no bookings- I have done a test nd it says when I choose dates 'Host not available those dates'

is this stopping people booking  and how do I get rid of it ?

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paul8123  You don't say how long ago you listed, and I don't know why you are getting that message, but your listing  info is quite incomplete and your photo gallery doesn't show your place off well.

Your photos are dark and fuzzy, and make the place look gloomy. You have only pictured 2 bedrooms out of 5, and one bathroom, there is one photo that I can't even tell what it is meant to picture- it's just dark and unfocused and looks into a dark, indistinguishable room. 

Your description is also scanty. When you first publish, for some unfathomable reason known only to Airbnb programmers, all the description fields are not available. You have to go back and edit- you will see categories such as "The space", "Guest access", Other things to note".  Fill those all out. Try to give a complete description and information about the house itself, the surrounding area, any details guests should be aware of, etc.

It looks like a cool cottage, but you aren't showing it off to advantage.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul8123 it seems to look/work OK to me when I simulate bookings over the next few months

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

what might be putting people off is

1. You don't have photos of all the rooms in your listing

2. Your description is really basic you need to describe it in more detail - talk about highlights in each room, highlight amenities, talk about who the property is suitable for, describe the area and amenities

3. You don't appear to have artwork or other amenities  such as throws, vases, decorations etc which make a home look like the sort of place you might want to stay in.

Have you looked at comparable listings in your area to see how they list their properties in terms of photography/descriptions etc.  @Paul8123 

Also remember we are in low season and that you have no reviews which which will affect demand