not being paid by Airbnb and being given run-around for weeks

not being paid by Airbnb and being given run-around for weeks

We have spent over 3 weeks talking to various support people at Airbnb trying to get the money owed to us  by AirBnB  for bookings completed since January 2023, and for which AirBnB received full payment.

All we get is a run-around and slick talk about being a Super Host and congrats, and other useless words.

Over the last 3 weeks, there have been various excuses why the funds have not come through, and each time, we are told it is being forwarded to a "specialized team" 

Several reasons over the weeks are put out to us as to why we have not received the funds

1. I needed to complete a form.  the form was completed.
  2. I needed to explain the other person on the account - this was my husband who has been on the account for all of the 6 years we have the account
  3. I Needed  to provide my driver's licence number
  4. I was asked where do I receive payments....  
  5. I was asked confirmation codes of the guests
  6. I was asked to refresh my information on my account  ???
  7. The "cheques show that it was released by us, but no notification of payments"

These various questions were not asked on first phone call, but each new reason was added over time, to each call I made to follow-up as to why no payments received for almost a month.  after giving them each piece of the above information, i would be advised that I should get the money in 2 days....  never happened.  Hence, my continual calling in and messaging to AirBnB and to date, with all the calls, all the messages, all the talk they have talked there is still no funds received from AirBnB" .... I guess they are running out of reasons.

Last call gave the same answer - get your cheques in 24-48 hours - more than 48 hours have passed.

we are totally fed up playing this AirBnB game.  they have received full payment from our guests.

Is there some governing body that i can report this theft.   

6 Replies 6
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Suzanne -And -Richard--Prof-0 a couple of things may be happening , mainly ,Airbnb reserve the right to sometimes send your payments in a bundle, and whenever you call CS remember to give the correct guest IDS up front ,dont wait to be asked ,and do not change bank details or anything on CS prompting, also even though you have two listings you will only ever have one host and one co host, so mixing up details of banking between you will only cause grief... Good Luck and let us know when you have been paid... H

thanks for your response.  We have been hosts for 6 years and never had a problem (considered super hosts).   We have 3 apartments. Suddenly, the payments stopped at beginning of January.  as mentioned, we have made countless calls and keep being told they just need one more bit of information and when given, we are advised that we will get the outstanding payments in 2 days.  this has gone on since January 15.  nothing had changed within our account when this started.  Data that changed was in response to the directions of the customer service people. My fear of not getting paid is because i see this is happening to many people around the world, and my units are fully booked for months.

We have spent over 3 weeks talking to various support people trying to get the money owed to us  by AirBnB  for bookings sin January and which AirBnB has received full payment.

All we get is a run-around and slick talk about being a Super Host and congrats, and other useless words.

Over the last 3 weeks, there have been various excuses why the funds have not come through, and each time, we are told it is being forwarded to a "specialized team" 

Several reasons over the weeks are put out to us as to why we have not received the funds

1. I needed to complete a form.  the form was completed.
  2. I needed to explain the other person on the account - this was my husband who has been on the account for all of the 6 years we have the account
  3. I Needed  to provide my driver's licence number
  4. I was asked where do I receive payments....  
  5. I was asked confirmation codes of the guests
  6. I was asked to refresh my information on my account  ???
  7. The "cheques show that it was released by us, but no notification of payments"

These various questions were not asked on first phone call, but each new reason was added over time, to each call I made to follow-up as to why no payments received for almost a month.  after giving them each piece of the above information, i would be advised that I should get the money in 2 days....  never happened.  Hence, my continual calling in and messaging to AirBnB and to date, with all the calls, all the messages, all the talk they have talked there is still no funds received from AirBnB" .... I guess they are running out of reasons.

Last call gave the same answer - get your cheques in 24-48 hours - more than 48 hours have passed.

we are totally fed up playing this AirBnB game.  they have received full payment from our guests.

Is there some governing body that i can report this theft.  

Suzanne Edwards

Barbados

@Suzanne-And-Richard--Prof-0 other than heading to a small claims court there is little you can do except keep persevering.

Thanks for your feedback.  I imagine small claims court would be impossible with an international relationship such as we have with airbnb.  it is quite appalling.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Suzanne-And-Richard--Prof-0 

I just wanted to confirm that I've asked our team to review what's happening here, and if I get any feedback from them I'll be in touch with you.  They may choose to contact you directly.

Just so you know, this is a separate action to what you've been told about the information being passed to another team, and we'll be in touch as soon as there's something we can tell you.

Also, I noticed that you'd posted about your concerns in another part of the CC, so I've moved your post and the replies into this thread, just so everything's kept in one place.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines