photos in listing

Jennifer1809
Level 2
Grimsby, Canada

photos in listing

Hello!

I was browsing through other listings in my area to get an idea of the pricing in my area and came across a listing down the hill from me that has used my photos in their listing. They are not copyrighted photos but they are photos I took myself. Should I contact the host and ask they be removed or contact Airbnb or leave it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

2 Replies 2

@Jennifer1809   See section 10 of the Terms of Service

Parts of the Airbnb Platform enable you to provide feedback, text, photos, audio, video, information, and other content (collectively, “Content”). By providing Content, in whatever form and through whatever means, you grant Airbnb a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable and transferable license to copy, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, publish and otherwise exploit, that Content, without limitation.

In short, when you uploaded those photos to Airbnb, you granted Airbnb a wide-ranging license to use them across its platform, no take-backsies. Those babies are out in the world now, and they're not coming home, so the hassle of trying to get through to customer support would be a waste of your time.

Still, knowing that you have a neighbor who appreciates your pictures, you could contact them with a gentle note saying that you noticed they featured your work in the their listing and ask if they would kindly credit the photographer in the captions. That tends to go down better than a cease-and-desist.

Thanks for the info Andrew.  Appreciate the help. I may do what you suggested.