transfer of property ownership

transfer of property ownership

Hi - we have sold our property and I want to transfer the ownership. How do I do this? mary mason

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary770  You can't transfer listings. You can't sell a Airbnb business- all you sold is a house with the potential for it to be an Airbnb. The new owner has to start from scratch and list the place under their own account. The reviews you earned as a host stay with your profile. Any already booked guests have to be notified and the bookings remade. If you wish to let the new owner use your listing description and photos, that's up to you.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As @Sarah977  says you can’t transfer your Airbnb business to someone else. If you haven’t done so already block your calendar so you don’t  get further booking. If the new owner wants to do STR then they need to set up their own listing.  You can then offer any booked guests the option of cancelling or if they wNy to continue you can ask Airbnb if they will help transfer the booking 

Betsy13
Level 5
Houston, TX

FYI: I sold my property.  As soon as I went into contract, I stopped accepting future bookings.  But I already had three bookings beyond the closing date, so I asked Airbnb to transfer those three bookings to the new owner.  I didn't try to transfer the listing, just the three bookings.  All three guests confirmed they would like to transfer to the new host who has the same property.  Airbnb won't do it.  I told them I found several instances where hosts said they had done this with Airbnb.  They told me they don't do it anymore.  They said either cancel the bookings or co-host.  I told them I did set up the bookings to co-host and tried to designate that payouts go to the co-host but it won't let me do that either (the system says only future bookings can be paid out to the co-host).  They said figure out the bank transfer on my own or cancel.  Just another example of Airbnb's lackluster customer service to hosts.