1 star on first guesst?

Anthony608
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

1 star on first guesst?

So, having my first round of not-so-nice guests, I have received a few "3"s in some of the individual categories but thankfully nothing less than a "4" in overall.  However, it occurred to me - what would someone do if their very first guest left a 1 star review.  I mean, on the listing page - you would have a 1 star rating!  Most likely would not get any other bookings as people would see your place and steer clear.  AirBNB might even suspend the account, and after a person went to all the trouble of getting a room or house ready, only to have the first guest leave an unfair review.

Now, a disclaimer, there might be some places that legitimately need to get a 1 star the first time.  Like a place unsanitary or put on AirBNB as part of a scam.  But, I'm talking about the honest person who just has bad luck and the first guest gives a 1 star.  What would you do?

3 Replies 3
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

I wish that there were anyway to correct the one star which was given by a retaliatory guest. Airbnb seems to favor guest giving 5 stars or less in order to reduce the number of Superhosts.

Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

If I recall correctly, I don't think reviews actually show until you get at least 3? If I am incorrect, well than that just plain sucks!

Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

Just thinking, since the review left by your guest or you will not show if the other party does not review, until 14 days later, if one KNEW they were getting a bad first review, they could at least wait until the last minute to review the other side so they, hopefully,  had time to get a few good guests in between.