10% discount

John498
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

10% discount

Do contributors here use this? It doesn't seem to generate much interest in my experience but might improve ranking on searches. Do guests have to book the whole period if the 10% is mentioned as between 18th Mar to 24th March for example? It says it is sent to select clients but I would love to know what criteria they use to choose these.

I also wonder if they target days when demand is low or is it just a gimmick without real value.

42 Replies 42

Thanks for this advice Marina, I have been able to offer this discount a couple of times but it seems it’s Airbnb’s choice as to whether you can offer this discount to guests and when. 

It has worked well for me when I have accepted this special offer for guests. 

I was wondering when and how this option is available as I haven’t found any answers yet. 

It makes sense though as I can see how people could up prices and then add an offer to boost rankings. I also wondered if Airbnb only allow this feature when you are on smart pricing. 

Thanks for this Marina, so helpful! x

Justin60
Level 1
Austin, TX

I got an email as well and can't see a way to apply this. Help?

I have the same issue here. They suggest setting a 10% discount for a specific date but it doesn't look like there is anyway to do it other than manually change the price for that date. I wish someone from Airbnb would chime in here and explain this 10% discount e-mail..

MariaDeLosAnge1
Level 2
Havana, Cuba

Hi, I received the same offer and it works for me twice. I don't remember what button I pressed, but I just accepted the offer and the 10% was applied over the price that I already had. I have read that they send this offer to those are looking for booking in those days of your offer, so I think it improves the visibility of your listing.

In the calendar the offer appear like a gray line, similar when you receive a booking, but instead of green is grey. You can always eliminated or changed in the moment that you want.

I reccomend to take it if they send it, you can earn more than lose.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Scott195,

Great to meet you. Did @MariaDeLosAnge1's response help your solve this? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I called customer support and they told me that a large number of accounts are not set up properly to add the discount. They have their development team trying to get the problem fixed but they have not given me any timeline as to when.

hello and thank you for your help... a customer wanted to stay for 2 weeks and in my settings it says 10% discount for weekly rate, when he went to book it said 0 discount. He wanted to know why the discount didn't appear. Please advise,

thank you- Fran

Roslyn1
Level 2
English Frankton, United Kingdom

i received a  letter too and applied it to one of my three listings for next week.

So is this a one off opportunity.

Can I apply it to my other listings?If so how?

Hi Roslyn,

This is one off opportunity only and you can take it only for the listing that you received the offer. It is not possible to apply this offer to other listings or other dates.

I hope this help you.

Regards!!!!

Nadia230
Level 2
Dolphin Coast, South Africa

I am also able to accept the special offer, but would like to change the amount of days that are suggested by airbnb. Do you know how I do this? It only gives me the option to cancel the special offer ... not to edit it.

Hi @Nadia230,

you cannot edit this offer, you can only accept it or cancele it. Hope this help you. Good luck!

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I did manage to find that button and set the 10% discount not once, but three times already. It never brought me any new reservation, so I am not convinced that it does really help.

MariaDeLosAnge1
Level 2
Havana, Cuba

Hello @Ana7,

Maybe I was lucky when it works for me twice, but, in my opinion, even if you did not receive any book is a good publicity because many people can see your listing, any guest that is looking in those days of your offer receive an email with the offer, even if they are not interested in something similar at your listing. 

Sean113
Level 1
Surat Thani, Thailand

hi

Can I creat 10% discount for set period off time by myself? Or do I need to recive the offer from Airbnb?

If I can, can someone kindly let me know how.

Thank you