Adding a line for local taxes on bill

Adding a line for local taxes on bill

Hi,

I understand that AIR BNB recommends collecting local taxes in a special offer or upon the guests arrival. My question is, I see a few local listings that do have the tax line including it broken down with the local tax rates, I just can't find any documentation on how they have done so.

This is an example of the Telluride listing and how they have it broken down under the tax line of the guests' facing side of things :

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12997284?location=telluride

Please advise. 

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Unless Air BNB is collecting the tax, there is no line item for identifying the tax, @Molly74.  Other platforms do have that but not Air BNB.  Many guests complain about paying the tax in a separate transaction, so you might consider incorporating the tax in your rate and noting that the tax is included in your description. That is what I do.

I understand that, but there are a few listings in our area who do has a line listing for local taxes as well as the State tax as seen in the example provided in my original question.. 

I am wondering how these hosts have accomplished doing so if it is not possible...

They have not done anything. Airbnb automatically adds it if applicable. 

So somebody's listing who is in the same condo complex had it automatically added but mine does not? Again, I don't understand. I'm fine with the fact that AIR BNB doesn't let you add the local taxes unless it's applicable to your area and will make an adjustment if that is the case.

BUT there nothing is searchable for the town of Telluride or the County of San Juan on AIR BNB. Please look at the example provided to understand exactly what I'm asking.

How is it that I cannot possibly collect and remit these taxes through AIR BNB if another host in my building has it built into the Tax line item??

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16219505?location=telluride&check_in=2017-10-17&guests=1&adults=1&check...

This host has a unit in the same complex as our listing and AIR BNB appears to be collecting San Miguel taxes for him - please see below.

This host is collecting "General Sales and Use Tax (Colorado) General Sales and Use Tax (San Miguel) Accommodations Tax (San Miguel) Local Sales Tax (San Miguel Regional Transportation Authority)"

If nothing else, is there an AIR BNB help line I can call?