Additional Guest Details

Additional Guest Details

Hi there,

I am fairly new to this & have a place that sleeps up to 12 people which I manage remotely.

I get the booking guest's email & phone number, however, I have found on several occasions that it can be difficult to get hold of the individual once they are in the property.

Is there anywhere on Airbnb that my lead guest can complete - giving names of other guests & a few contact numbers - as previously I have found that lead guests have either changed their mobile numbers or that the lead guest isn't actually arriving until a day later - or going a day early - leaving complete unknowns (to me) to access the property without me having so much as a contact number.

Alternatively, I was thinking of asking for full names & contact numbers of each adult - incase we needed to contact them.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

Roz

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

First of all, @Roz9, I was not able to see your listing when I went to your profile.  Did you snooze it?  If you didn't, then contact Air BNB to see what is going on.  As to your question, I think your idea of getting all the names of the registered guests along with at least a couple of contact numbers makes sense to me.  Also, you should message the booking guest with whatever you need to develop a trail of communication even if you are also calling or texting privately.

Hi Linda - no not snoozed.  I am a co host if that makes any difference?

I know it seems to show my husband Simon as the lead host & it's in his name.

It is this one.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/16391299?location=hunstanton%2C%20united%20kingdom

Is there a form on Airbnb where the guest can complete these details?

Thanks for your help!

Roz x

Ah ha, @Roz9, you are a co-host not the host.  Makes perfect sense.  What a lovely home!  As I previously posted, keep all communication or summary of communication on the Air BNB platform.  This way if you need to involve Air BNB in some issue, they can see the communication thread.  

Also, you need to hold the booking guest responsible for communicating with the other guests.  You should not have to chase down other guests unless there is an emergency.  Have the discussion with the booking guest about the exact arrival plans and his or her responsibility and management of the group.  After all, it is the booking guest's profile that will receive the review and if another guest behaves badly it will be reflected in the booking guest's review.  Hope this helps