Additional guess adding inbetween existing guess stay

Rose170
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Additional guess adding inbetween existing guess stay

Dear team, 

My proposed guess booked an entire house for 2 people during 14 days. However, they sent me the message and mentioned about potential 1 more people may come inbetween and stay for "couples of days".

Could you please adivse how we can alter the price for that extra people but not for the whole period. 

Best regards, 

Rose, 

12 Replies 12
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rose170,

You'll have to find out for how many nights the extra guest will stay and agree, in messages on Airbnb.

Then message the guest that you'll send them a request for the extra person charge for each night and point out that they'll have to accept the request for the guest to be allowed to stay.

Then go to your reservations and find the reservation concerned and click on its "Send or request money" link.

Click on "Send money", then on "Next" and then on "Other trip related issues" and "Next". Then fill in the total extra amount and continue the process from there. The guest must accept the money request for it to take effect.

Don't click on "Change dates or guests" as if you enter the extra guest there they'll be charged the extra guest fee for all nights of the reservation.

Steve.

Dear Steve, 

Thank you for your assistance. 

However, I could not locate the "Send or request money" link. Is it in the host dashboard , mange your listing?

Appreciated your help. 

Best regards, 

Rose. 

Hello @Rose170,

You first go to your list of reservations.

You should be able to find that by going to your hosting dashboard. That has a "View all reservations" button to the right of the title words "Hosting dashboard". Click that to see all your reservations and click on the "Send or request money" link in the reservation concerned.

Steve.

Dear Steve, 

I found the link. 

However, I haven't heard back from the guess about the length that extra people will stay. 

Sam-and-Adam0
Level 3
Ottawa, Canada

Hi Rose-

You would have to request extra money from them, only it appears currently you have your listing set up that there could be up to 7 guests for the nightly rate...

In your 'Pricing Settings' (above the calender) go to 'Extra Charges', and down to 'Extra Guests'-- you can set an extra charge per person (per night) if the reservation exceeds a certain number of guests

Dear Sam, 

I did set up extra cost of $50 per additional guess above 2. 

However, it seems that the guess only choose 2 people. Therefore, no additional charge incured. 

Very appreciated your help, 

Best regards, 

Rose. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Either you or the guest can go into the booking and amend the reservation to add the extra person by clicking on the change button (I think it is ) on the booking confirmation

If you are having a problem give Airbnb a call.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rose170,

Thank you for joining the Community Center!

I was wondering if you were able to request an additional charge? 

Please let us know. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi @Quincy

Thank you for your respond. 

I request my guess to give me the details about the extra visit. 

However, 2 days since the email sent, I have not heard anything from them,

Please give me some advice. 

Thank you, 

Regards, 

Rose

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

I have found this to be one of the problems when hosting a whole house. If a potential guest asks me to allow additional people during their stay I ask them, before accepting the booking, to make two separate bookings...one for the original number of guests for a specified reservation period and another for the increased number of guests for a specified period. The reason I do this is, because of previous experience, guests are likely to let their addtional guest stay for longer because "the host won't know". If the number of people are recorded in the system you have the right to evict or report the abuse to Airbnb.

If a guest requests that an additional person stay during their reservation and they have already checked in, I use the "request additional money" feature in the reservation drop down menu. I ask for the NAME of the additonal guest and write that name down in the request for additional funds AND the number of nights the fee will cover. 

Just protect yourself against abuse.

Dear valued people, 

Thank you for your advise. 

I guess the Instant booking setting let guess booking without our confirmation, 

The guess only let me know that his wife nad his daughter will come later and stay for couple of days, 

However, when I tried to request about the length she will stay and the message had been sent 2 days ago without any respond. 

I am a bit of confused now as it is nearly the check in day. 

Regards, 

Rose. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rose170,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

If your guests are not responding, I'd recommend that you contact Airbnb so that they can try to get in touch with them. I found a very helpful 'How to contact Airbnb' guide. 

Please keep me posted. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen