Additional guests

Constantinos1
Level 2
Larnaca, Cyprus

Additional guests

Why does it say on my listing that there is no extra charge for additional guests since I have that option turned off. There is only space for 2 guests in the flat and I don't want guests to believe that it can accommodate more. How can I remove that completely? I've checked other hosts listings and they don't have it.
6 Replies 6
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Constantinos1

It's one of those unfortunate silly things in the Airbnb software. You trick the system by entering an enormous amount like 250,- for extra guests, and when the system saves it, the extra guests option disappears.

Thank you for your reply. I've tried it but now it shows that I charge 250 per night for an extra person. 

That's strange. Looks like ABB has caught on to this trick since yesterday...

What you could otherwise do is what I have done (since my own listing only takes 2 people)

is choose "accommodates 2" and add an extra charge for extra guest.

That way you will have a minimum coverage for the room booked by one person and a smaller fee of your choosing for the extra usage by the second person. 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Constantinos1

Good thing I discovered this new change through your comment. I've just played around with this on my own listing.

When adding an astrological price for extra guest like 2000, the software always reverted it back to my original lower fee.

So no more tricking that way.

Looks like my tip before this one is the only way to do it, unless another host has a brilliant solution I'm not aware of.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Constantinos1 Since you have a maximum of 2 guests this shouldn't be an issue. This just means that there is no charge for the 2nd person (not that they can bring an unlimited number of people).

C12
Level 1
Paignton, United Kingdom

How to change the tag Extra people no charge.

I had to go through this process, so, by adding a price for the extra person, the Extra persons option dissapeard 

This is how I did it - go to

Your listing

Preview

Edit listing

Prices

Edit

Pricing setting on the RIGHT side

Scroll down to Extra charges

I added extra person after 2nd guest £60

When i viewed the listing again, "The Extra person- No charge notice" had been removed